Chapter 5

Drake's point of view-

Everything was a bright blue, like the sky. I looked down, seeing my reflection on a bright blue surface that acted as a floor. My white eye was glowing slightly. I didn't know what to think. Was it just something happening because of this stupid dream, or...have I lost it again? I felt panic rise in me, with the unknowing of what was going on in reality. I don't even remember how I ended up here.

"Hey...it's been awhile, huh?"

My eyes widened, and I felt at a loss of breath. That voice. I've yearned to hear it for it so long, but I had never thought I would live to see the day. I thought I would have to die first. My heart raced, and my body shaked. Slowly I turned around, finally being able to breathe again when I saw the familiar being.

"A-Ar-Armen?"

He was transparent, like a spirit, and his cyan eyes had a glowing mist rising from them. His clothes that were once torn and burnt were mended and his flesh that was once burnt to a crisp and raw was now fresh pale skin. A bright smile was on his face, and his gloved hands were in his pockets. The sight of him alone caused my eyes to tear up.

"Drake, I don't know how this is happening, or how I made it here, but I can feel that something isn't right."

I slowly shook my head. This isn't real. It's just his tricks. "No. You're not Armen. You're just an illusion!"

"I know this is hard to believe. I can hardly believe it myself, but listen! Herobrine is going up the scales on the torment he's been putting you through. You have to get out of the Red keep!"

"The Red keep? We were captured?!"

I wanted to believe this was him. I wanted to believe that this was my best friend, but I don't know what to believe anymore.

"Yes, Drake. And you're going to lose control if you stay there! They're going to kill Grayson and Mia, and you're going to lose your senses!"

"But, you don't even know Mia. How do you know about her?" I can't believe a word he's saying, but everything that came out of his mouth pulled on my heart strings.

"I'm dead! I can see everything by watching over you. I know everything you're going through, and I don't want you to end up like me!" His eyes were tearing up, and he was biting his lips.

The tears in my eyes began to trail down my cheeks, but they were cold. I was starting to believe. For a few seconds, it was silent, but he finally spoke again.

"Time is running out..." He held up his arms, as if he was waiting for an embrace.

"I don't know when, or if I'll ever see you again..so..can I have just...one last brotherly hug? I know you don't usually do stuff like that, but..."

I didn't let him finish, because before he could, my arms were around him. I had to bend my knees to let him put his chin on my shoulder. His body was so cold, but I didn't care at all. I was at a loss of words, at a loss of thought. I felt all of my worries disappear, but not for long.
He started chuckling in my ear, the volume rising to a maniacal laugh. I looked down, seeing his body lose it's glow, and becoming dark. His clothes started to tear and look like they were becoming covered in ash.

Fool...

I felt sharp pain in my shoulder, causing me to scream. My body started shaking more violently, making his teeth dig deeper into my flesh. I smelt the familiar bitter aroma of blood. His teeth released me, but his arms around me kept me from moving away. I could see the stain of my blood on my upper right torso and sleeve growing as I bled. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him. Curse my d**ed ignorance.
I fell onto my knees, and held my left hand over the injury as he let go of me. My eyes that were shut tight opened, letting even more tears fall down. I gritted my teeth, trying to hold back anymore yells of pain. I looked up at him, his wide smile letting a bright light escape from the sides on his mouth. He was no longer transparent, and his cyan eyes were glowing completely white. His chin had my blood rolling down it, and dripping down onto the shining blue surface below.