Chapter 45

This chapter has heavy inspiration from AvaMarieSchneider. Up next...the epilogue!
_______________________________________________

One year later-

Third person point of view-

A year went by since then, the world functioning smoothly without Herobrine's constant oppression. The cult of Herobrine began to slowly dwindle and allow their own empire to fall until they were no longer considered a threat and mocked for falling when they were once so powerful. Those who still remained loyal to the fallen god were driven into hiding with Grayson's army hunting them down. The slaves were freed and the refugees that had flooded into the empire were finally able to go back home, at least those whose formal homes were not turned into uninhabitable wasteland.
With his new abilities, Drake had become the new commander of Grayson's armies, Tyler respectfully allowing him to have this position. Although it put some stress on Drake's already messed up mind, he felt that the kingdom needed him, but Grayson often allowed him to take many days off, knowing that his friend had been through much already. Drake often enjoyed hanging out with the members of the magi guild and strengthening his powers and magic, or going with Lalea and helping Endy with her job at the school house when he had free time. He enjoyed helping young magi and seeing the smiles on their faces.
Drake had moved in with Lalea and together they occupied the fancy high class home within the richest of imperial cities. He did not need to eat nor sleep, but he always did so around her just to make her more comfortable. The two lovers continued to date, deciding to take it slow for awhile while Drake settled in with being alive once again and came to terms with his new found abilities. They loved being alone together, just the two of them hand in hand. Rather it be on a romantic date in the cities or just sitting on the couch or looking up at the stars glittering the dark but vast night sky.
Even with issues of post traumatic stress on the hybrid's mind, (including waking her up because of his night terrors and having violent flashbacks quite often) their love for one another always seemed to grow, their bound remaining strong and growing more powerful the more that were in the others close presence. They gave each other happiness and peace of mind, both filling the holes within the others heart. Though they did have their rough times, they always pulled through with a love stronger than before.
He had always held onto that ring, though Lalea already knew that he had it, he always kept her waiting in anticipation for the day when he would drop the big question. She never did it herself in fear that he would not be ready to settle down in marriage. He still wore it to express their love, but they were never officially wedded.
The evening finally came when Drake decided that it was finally the right moment. Drake had informed Grayson on what he was planning and the king allowed the two lovers up onto one of the tallest balconies of the palace. It overlooked nearly the entire city and the beautiful garden below, the sun setting below the horizon, lighting the normally blue sky with the calming warm colors of gold and orange. The air was fresh, and the faint sound of the citizens below and a faint breeze that was oddly relaxing.
Drake and Lalea leaned against the railings, taking in the gorgeous and calming scenery. They stared for awhile at the beauty of the early night flooded with the mixture of colors from the dying sun. The hybrid stared into his lover's eyes, smiling at the beauty of her rosy cheeks against her pale complexion, the perking of her luscious pink lips, and the colors reflecting gorgeously within the happiness and calmness within her deep blue eyes.
He smiled and had to repress a tiny giggle in the back of his throat. He looked down at the ground, feeling like his heart was racing but it was completely still. He wished that I would beat again. He loved having Lalea around, having her make him feel this way. It reminded him that a part of him was still human; that he could still love and cherish others more than anything. He glanced back up, his bright gleaming eyes staring at the fading light of the sunset.