Chapter 26

For now on, I'm going to try to update every other Saturday or Sunday on this story. I won't make it a promise but I'll try my best to stay on schedule for you guys.
And for any of you that saw that I accidentally uploaded this chapter yesterday before it was finished, I apologize. I dropped my iPad and it decided to publish it for me when I wasn't done writing it...
_________________________________________
Nathan's point of view-

The others all charged at the opposing team, battle cries filling the cold air that still had snow drifting down from the clouds above. The sound of iron clashing together filled the clearing, along with grunts and cries as each opponent began to clash with their foe. I stayed back and left one of Henry's team members without an opponent to battle alone. He went after Drake.
I couldn't move my feet no matter how much I wanted to help, felling frozen in place. I just felt stiff in what I assumed was my own fear.
I watched as Henry only stood there, reaching his hand underneath his coat, but on the opposite side of where I had seen that strange object he had in a different pocket. This time he pulled out a wooden object with one side bigger than the other and hollowed out. It was a trumpet, smaller than most but just as efficient to alert others of his whereabouts. To let the other mercenaries know that they've found us.
As he blew into the horn, a loud sound echoed through the forest, even making birds in the distant flee from the trees. I flinched at the sound, feeling my hand grab the hilt of my sword in reaction to being surprised. I shouldn't have jumped like that, since I had already anticipated for that to happen. He lowered his hand, then he just looked at me for a brief moment before turning away.
My heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest, my eyes so wide that they started to burn. I closed them, shaking my head to get out of the shock and let the snow clumping up in my hair fall. My eyes opened again, looking straight at my formal captain who was standing there seemingly observing the others movements and strategies. I growled at that grin on his face, remembering just how much I hated it.
His other hand was still firmly on the handle of his sword, his gloved hand gripping it tightly. His hazel eyes that were slightly darker than my own, glared back at me, his smile turning into a snarl. I gasped when he suddenly charged at me, and let me with little time to unsheathe my own blade. I dodged the fist attack that he viciously through at me, but he brandished the sword and it came back to my chest.
I cringed in pain as it cut into my flesh, but it didn't feel like the wound was major, but it still painfully stung. I hissed, holding up my blade before he could strike me yet again and blocked his sword. The blade almost instantly crashed into my own, orange sparks light up as the sharp pieces of iron gridded against the other. I grunted as I tried to hold him, knowing that he was physically stronger than I, and probably mentally stronger than me too.

  "How could you join them, after you've seen what they've done?! You've seen that hybrid murder our friends! You hated him and wanted him dead!... You're no better than those f***ing scum." He barked at me, pushing against my weapon with all his might.

I growled, then jumped to the side, hearing a part of the fabric of my coat tear as the tip of his sword ripped it. Oh well, my clothes were already filled with rips from Drake's possessed body attacking me the previous night. I swung my sword and lunged forward at the same time, and to my surprise, the very tip of my blade slashed his left cheek. The sight of his blood and the feeling my own blood running down my side made me feel bilious.
He stopped in his tracks, swaying on his feet for a few seconds. In the sudden calm, I listened as swords clashed over and over again as my new allies struggled in their fights. I gagged as my fear started consuming me, as well as the vile smell of dead bodies that was still enduring in the frosty air. I held up my sword again, readying for his next move. I took in a deep breath, not willing to risk it and move in for attack. I'm not going to kill him, but stall him until one of the others come to help.
Henry lightly gasped, his arm slowly raising up and rubbed the scar I had inflicted upon him. He moved his fingers in front of his face, his hat blocking most of his face but I could clearly see the smile that crept on his lips and cheeks as he looked down at his own blood on his fingertips.