Chapter 8

Thank you all for the support on this story! I can't say enough how much I love all you for supporting me! Thank you all so much!
Also, a big thanks to the people participating in the cover contest! I'm very excited to see what everyone has, even though only two people signed up so far, but still, I can't wait to see your beautiful work!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three years ago-

Grayson's point of view-

We sat down at the bar near the center of the city. My men had decided to throw a little celebration in honor of my new title as captain of the team. I was reluctant to go to a bar, but they all kept insisting and whining, so I finally gave in, and decided to head along with them. It is in my honor, after all.
I wore my new captains uniform, just for the heck of it. A hat with a big red feather, and a long green and gold coat, with tassels on the shoulders. I wore dark brown pants and a plain buttoned up white shirt and black vest, with brown leather gloves.
I sat at the table, with Henry to my left and Alex to my right, resting my chin on my hand as we waited for the waitress to come around to take our order. Most of the entire bar were just companions of mine from the palace.
It was very loud, with cheering and laughter, and mugs colliding echoing off of the walls. I hated the smell of booze, but I had to learn to deal with it, especially since a majority of my men always have that smell coming off of them. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, lighting up the room. I watched as the bartender brewed drinks as order after order came rolling in, and as people walked around stumbling on their feet as they dealt with being impaired. I felt a finger tap on my left shoulder. Gaining my attention, I turned to Henry.

"Hmm? What's up man?" I asked.

He looked down at me with his hazel eyes, sitting with his back straight. "Lighten up, dude. This is your party. Be happy, geez!"

"You know I don't like drinking, man!" I growled.

He waved his hand. "C'mon. Don't be a stick in my mud. I'll order you a drink. On the house!"

I sighed. "Fine, but if we all wake up with hangovers, I'm not letting any of you slide with a day off, or whatever."

I looked back down at the table, tapping my fingers on the wood. I didn't want to be there. I was ashamed that I gave in to ordering a drink so quickly.

"Waitress!" Henry called out, holding his hand in the air to get her attention. "We need a round for the captain over here!"

I growled again, looking up to see the table next to us. Luke sat there, with his glass raised, and a wide smile on his face and laughing. At least he seemed happy.

"Here you go, gentlemen." A light, and delicate female voice said. It made my heart race.

I turned to face the source of the voice in front of the table. My eyes widen, and my heart seemed to skip a beat. The waitress stood there, standing in divine beauty. She had gorgeous sky blue eyes, and curly dirty blonde hair. Her skin was pale with flush cheeks, and dark lips, and she wore a white dress with a bonnet over her head. Traditional to these lands for a woman to work in such clothing. To me, she was like the definition of beauty and elegance. She looked at me as she handed us our drinks.

"Is this the new captain that I've been hearing about?" She asked.

I was too brought up in the sight, that I had barely noticed that she had asked anything.

"Yep!" Henry's arm hit my back. I was snapped out of my trance from the impact.

"This our new captain, Sir Grayson! Trying to show him a good time."