Chapter 39

Here's a little chapy for ya! I intended for this chapter to be a lot shorter, and it's entirely in the third person. I rushed the ending a bit because I'm way too excited for figuring out what to do next. This chapter just feels different to me for some reason.
I'm debating with myself how I should continue forward after this...
______________________________________________

Four days later-

Third person point of view-

With the return of their master, the cult of Herobrine began to grow and expand their territory. They began to go in further north, and without the emperor of the Northern empire to put a stop to them and with Herobrine in his new vessel, they were easily able to destroy and conquer Argons Wall and surrounding cities. The cult was stronger than they had ever been...and unfortunately so was the demon that ruled over them. All the group could do was hope that the cultists were not scouting around the area they planned on heading to.

  "Let's try this again."

Mia began to unravel the white dressing around the ex-mercenary's blind eyes. The elf had been hopeful that Nathan would regain his ability to see, but four days after the incident and his eyes were still clouded. Not even his fox familiar Nobel could heal him, with all of his efforts being fruitless. All they could do was hope that whatever Herobrine had done to him would not remain permanent, but at this point in time those chances were cut slim to almost none.
He sat the ground with his legs crossed, his hands no longer in gloves. One hand ran through Nobel's transparent fur which oddly felt like that of a normal dog despite that the fox was a spirit. His other arm was wrapped around a long stick by his side that they had gotten after leaving the hatchery. It helped him walk around and know his surroundings a bit better, and with his increased hearing, he was not too bad at maneuvering around things on his own.
Armen watched, standing with his back against the wall and arms crossed over his chest. He wore a new white shirt since his other shirt had been burned and ripped in his battle with Herobrine. They had gotten the new clothes when they had settled the airship in a village so they could get more supplies. It was was extremely difficult and nerve wracking to go into the shops and the market considering that they were mostly all criminals and Armen could be easily recognized as Herobrine's formal vessel. Luckily no one seemed to notice who any of them were since the villages population mainly consisted of Paganum and Armen was fairly well at hiding his appearance with his new cape. Along with his new clothing, he wore Drake's old cape which he had grabbed with the spell book and scrolls back at the hatchery. He sowed up the rips and tried to clean out the blood as best he could, but the grey fabric remained stained. He now had a sword that he had taken from the hatchery, one that had a blade that illuminated in white light and burned its victims much like Drake's blade. It's guard was in the shape of white angel wings with a bright blue diamond in the center of the wings.
Nathan had gotten a new white shirt as well, but he kept his old, torn and bloody trench coat for some odd reason. Mia no longer had the bandages around her eyes, letting her lime green eyes see. There were two scars above and below her eye that they did not know if they would heal and fade or be permanent markings on her skin.
Nathan felt the wrappings lift off of his face, letting the cold air brush on his pale skin. He let out a breath, facing forward with his back straightened before his eyes opened. His eyelids uncovered his orbs, only to reveal the disheartening sight of his milky orbs. Mia let out a sigh as Nathan blinked and frowned.

He let out a sigh as well."Nope. Still can't see a thing... It's been four days! Face it Mia, this is permanent."

The elf could not help but to feel that this was her fault. He tried to help her, which resulted in this. He was too young to lose his sight, and now he would no longer see the beauties of the world. She remembered what he had said when Endy had tried giving him her health potion and how he seemed to talk about himself as if he were inferior to all others. Mia knew that being blind would probably make him think even less of himself than he already did, and make him feel useless. She could not help but to remember how Drake thought of himself as useless and how he wanted death. She did not want Nathan to feel the same and stray to the idea of suicide. She could not lose anymore of her friends. The thought of it made her anxious that she would lose them at any moment. She could not have that.