Chapter 21

This took longer than it should have, but I had fun!
Once again p, special thanks too AvaMarieSchneider and Note_Block5 for giving me ideas. I don't think this story would have lasted this long without them! Thank you so much for all of the suggestions you give me!
Once again, forgive me for any mistakes.
_____________________________________________

Grayson's point of view-

I opened my eyes slowly, my body feeling light, yet almost numb. The light around me was bright and blinding, but my eyes quickly adjusted to it. All I could see were clouds beneath my boots, with light vast blue above. My clothing was mended, with no tears or blood stains present like there was before I had lost consciousness. Was this the world after death?
I looked up again, turning on my heels. The place felt relaxing, yet I couldn't help but remember what had happened before I ended up here. Were my friends alright? I could recall tears falling from Drake's eyes as I looked up at him, just before my sight was consumed by blackness. I still feel so much regret for not keeping my promise to him...
My eyes widened, a cold gasp leaving my throat. Was I even still breathing?
Standing up ahead of me, was a human figure with something in it's arms. They got closer, their feet moving in a bright light around them. A rapid beat like a heartbeat rang faintly in my ears. How was that even possible, considering that I'm dead?
Standing before me, was my wife and son that I had lost so long ago. She held R.J in her arms, a long white dress covering her pale body that glowed in a bright light. R.J wore small white onesies, and tiny white socks. The blonde hair on his head curled, but his scalp still showed from his hair being so thin. He still looked as small as the day I lost him...

  "Cl-Clara?" I said, still in disbelief.

She smiled, her dirty blonde hair waving in a breeze that I couldn't feel. I could see a bright gleam in her eyes, like her beautiful blue orbs were filling with tears. My own eyes teared up, the liquid feeling cold as it ran down my cheeks. Strange how even without a body, you can still shed tears.

  "Clara!" I shouted in joy, as I sprinted towards her.

I ran into her, my chest hitting R.J, but he didn't cry as he was pressed against her chest. My arms wrapped around my wife, squeezing her tightly in my embrace. I dug my face into her shoulder, tears continuing to flow down my cheeks.
I never thought that I'd ever hold her again. I was barely able to feel her against me, but that didn't matter; as long as she was next to me, then I was more than happy. I felt a wave of joy and guilt wash over me, making my legs feel wobbly underneath me. It was my fault that they were here... It was my fault that they were killed...

  "I... I missed you so much!" I choked out, intertwining my fingers through her dirty blonde hair, trying to feel if it was as soft as I remembered.

  "You...you shouldn't be here yet..." I heard her say, her voice still as light and elegant as I remembered.

I hugged her tighter, as a chuckle rose up in my throat. I deserved to be here a long time ago. No. H**l is where I belong... Not this beautiful paradise. I didn't say that thought out loud, knowing that it would upset Clara. At least while I'm here, I can see my family once more.

I sobbed into her shoulder, her hair between my face and her sleeve and neck. "I'm so sorry... I never meant for you to..!"

She pushed me back gently, making my arms unwrap from around her waist. I whimpered, already dreading the feeling of not having her in my arms. I looked up at her, as she tilted her head with a smile. I missed that smile so much...

She spoke, her voice echoing. "It's okay. You did what was for the best."

Her smile faded, another bright tear running down her cheek. "You're friends really care for you. I'm happy that they were there for you." She said, opening her eyes and looking down to the left.