CHAPTER 2.

Kang Shin Woo P.O.V. 

When we came back in the house I prepared some tea immediately as everyone sat down around the kitchen table. Everyone was thinking about the news that we just heard earlier. I didn’t know if I liked it, because it wouldn’t change so much for me. And a songwriter was not someone we had to become close with for a long time. It would only be for one album so we just had to work together and finish it quickly.

            ‘A new songwriter... does that mean we have to travel the whole time?’ sighed Jeremy.

            ‘I hope not.’ sighed Go Mi Nam.

It was weird to see the face of Go Mi Nyu but knowing that it wasn’t here. But his whole appearance was different from her so I guess I would be able to deal with it.

            We didn’t get much information from the director and I had the feeling that he was keeping much information from us and I didn’t like that feeling.

            ‘I wonder who this songwriter is exactly...’I sighed.

            ‘We didn’t really go much information.’ said manager Ma.

On that moment the mobile phone of manager Ma played ‘I Will Promise You’, a song we sang a while ago.

            ‘With Ma speaking.’ he said.

We listened to his voice because we couldn’t hear the one on the other side of the phone. But we didn’t understand a lot about the conversation at all.

            ‘Yes, I’ll tell them.’ he said. ‘Yes, yes. Understood. I’ll talk to them, yes. Goodbye director, bye.’

            He sighed and after that he looked at us one at one.

            ‘Please don’t be angry on me after I tell you this... but... this songwriter...comes living with us tomorrow.’

            ‘What!?’ said Hwang Tae Kyung who just came walking in. ‘Are you kidding me? We don’t even have a room to give to that person. How could we even keep one more?’

            ‘The director had already a solution for that.’ He said while pointing his finger towards me.

            ‘The songwriter will live in your room.’

So the guy would live in my room. That wasn’t really something that I looked forward too because I really liked the privacy I was having now.

            ‘Why me? If I am allowed to ask...’

            ‘Because you were the kindest of them all, he said. So that would mean you wouldn’t make a huge fuss about it and just accept it eventually.’

            The director really knew that part of me two well. He knew that I wouldn’t make a fuss about it. Not because I was so kind, but because I was just too bored to even complain about such a things. I would just let it go and face it until it would disappear again. But I had to admit that this really was something else than usual the things that I let go. It was bigger and I didn’t want someone to infiltrate my room.

            ‘I guess I don’t have a choice.’ I sighed.

Jeremy looked at me.

            ‘Shin Woo-hyung...’ he sighed.

            ‘What’s wrong?’

            ‘You can also come into my room if you like. I mean, I know you like privacy.’

It was obvious that Jeremy rather had me in his room than the new person but I knew that wouldn’t be the answer to my problems. And after all, Jeremy’s room was the worst. It was a complete mess and everywhere you looked there was food. Jeremy really ate too much. Good thing he works out three times a week.

            ‘It’s alright, Jeremy. It’s not like he will stay forever. It’s just for a little while until the album is finished. I guess I can deal with it if it’s just for a little while.’

            ‘I still can’t approve of it. What’s wrong with my songs?’ asked Tae Kyung annoyed as he took a sip of his bottle of water. Something he always had near him.

            ‘It’s not about your songs. It’s about the attention that we will get in the media again. If we have a famous songwriter who accompanies us in the making of the next album, then we will be getting a lot of mentioning in the newspapers and magazines. Just like when Go Mi Nam joined us.’ I explained to him.

            ‘Hmm.’ He was obviously still not really amused about it but there was nothing that I could do about it. And if there was one who had a reason to complain, then it was me, not Tae Kyung.

            ‘Be happy. While he writing the new songs, you can call with Go Mi Nyu if you want.’ said Jeremy smiling.

            There appeared a little smile on Tae Kyung’s face but that one soon disappeared. Like usual. And I felt a little ache in my chest. Knowing why I was feeling this way. The feelings I had for that girl still didn’t disappear.

            ‘I am going to my room. Goodnight.’ he said nodding as he turned around and walked away from us.

            ‘I’ll follow his lead.’ said manager Ma who grabbed his coat and left too with a ‘cool’ expression in his face. Well, at least he tried to be ‘cool’. He tried to impress us, something that stopped working on us quite a while ago after we saw him beg on his knees for a couple of times.

            ‘See you guys tomorrow.’ he said as he disappeared through the hallway and we heard a door closing after that.

            ‘I am going to bed too.’ said Go Mi Nam and he left too. He never said much to us and we also didn’t say much things to him.

            Only me and Jeremy were left and we drank from our tea.

            ‘It’s lonely without Mi Nyu, don’t you think so too?’

I tried to ignore the ache.

            ‘It is.’

Jeremy sighed deeply and finished his tea.

            ‘I am also going to bed. Good night, Shin Woo-hyung.’

            ‘Good night.’ I said .

And so I was sitting alone at the kitchen table, thinking about things that I didn’t want to think about. I was trying to forget so badly that I couldn’t forget about it anymore. Pushing it away didn’t work so instead of that I automatically pulled it inside.

            ‘I hope you are doing fine. Please make sure to come back safely.’ I sighed in myself knowing that she would hear this not from me but from Tae Kyung already.

            I drank the last bit of my tea and sighed deeply as I looked outside and saw the moon. It was like it was able to hypnotize me.

            ‘Goodnight.’ I mumbled in myself and I turned off the lights leaving the kitchen table for tonight. I walked upstairs, passing her room and the one of Tae Kyung. I ignored the music coming out of his room and walked straight to my own room and closed the door immediately as I walked in. There hadn’t been a day that I didn’t feel this way and I wondered if this feeling would ever disappear in the dark night where the moon was always shining brightly. Would there ever be an end to this never ending pain? And then I realized again it was over and I fell down on my bad. Repeating the same scenes in my head.