CHAPTER 6.

Go Mi Nam P.O.V.

It was a strange guy, that was for sure, but I was also sure about the fact that he wouldn’t be bothersome or walking in the way. He would just do his work and leave after he finished that. That was what kind of person he was. I think. But because he was hiding his face like all the time, I couldn’t see what he was thinking. The only thing I see was a little guy who was probably afraid of everything in this world.

            ‘I thought you were going out with Yoo He Yi right now?’ said Jeremy who looked at the television as he asked that.

            ‘She had work to do. And it’s also better not to hang around with girls too much. They might think you are too easy.’

            ‘You are already too easy, though.’ sighed Shin Woo.

            ‘You think?’

Jeremy and he nodded both.

            ‘She likes getting attention and right now you are the one giving it to her. When you stop giving her attention she will follow you. I mean, she plays ‘hard to get’ now right? So there is obviously something about you that she likes.’ said Shin Woo.

            ‘So we are both chasing something. I am chasing her beautiful face and she is chasing the attention she gets from me. I think that is quite a fair deal for everything I do, and after all;  it’s not like I dislike her.’

            ‘Or you bring it like that.’

We watched TV for a little while and didn’t say anything. This is probably what we called ‘enjoying a holiday’. Because of Jong Shi Wing, the director decided not to plan anything on this day because he didn’t know how troublesome the whole guy would be. But it turned out that the guy barely said anything so he wasn’t what you would call ‘a pain in the ass’.

            ‘It’s not like I fell in love with her, though.’ I remarked dryly.

            ‘I wouldn’t stop you from doing so, even if you did.’ said Shin Woo distantly.

            ‘I didn’t even expect you to try.’

            ‘Yeah, that would be sad.’ nodded Jeremy.

We stopped talking. I already told them more than I wanted. It wasn’t something that didn’t suit my personality and character towards them. Ever since I came in the band I had been the most loved, among our fans to the annoyance of Hwang Tae Kyung who had always been the most popular before. But even though he was annoyed by it, he wasn’t pissed off because of it. But that was probably because of my little sister: Go Mi Nyu who changed the whole band while she stayed here. I missed her, but I was happy she was gone for a while. She would interrupt with Hwang Tae Kyung’s work just because she was like that. But don’t get me wrong, I love her and I am really happy she found the star that she can care about without feeling guilty. And I was also happy that the whole ‘band intruding’ thing, ended with a happy ending for them all. Even though it was quite weird how this while situation ended.

            But even though I arrived a month later because of the operation that I had, because I was Go Mi Nyu’s twin brother I was able to sense every single thing that happened to her, so I created some assumptions that turned out to be true in the end. Those ‘assumptions’ were about their little love life. It turned out that they had all fallen in love with my little sister, but she didn’t notice it. When they confessed to her, she choose Hwang Tae Kyung who she had loved for a while already. Quite sad for Shin Woo and Jeremy but still, they quite recovered from it. That’s what I thought at least, they didn’t look like the types to cry over it after such a long time.

            ‘What time is it?’I asked.

            ‘3 o’clock.’

            ‘Time is passing by so slowly!’ moaned Jeremy.

            ‘It’s a typical holiday, Jeremy.’ said Shin Woo.

            ‘But I am not used to that! Normally we have photo shoots or recordings, but today we are free from every single duty that we have to do.’

            ‘But we met Jong Shi Wing today, maybe they assumed that we would like to hang-out with him today or let him see some things that we like.’ told Shin Woo.

            ‘You think?’

Jeremy stood up from the couch and smiled.

            ‘Let’s get him out of his room and do something fun! Maybe he gets more free that way too. It would me awesome if he feels comfortable here soon. I wouldn’t like him to act like he is in some kind of boarding school.’

            ‘Well, at least we could try to do something with him.’ said Shin Woo.

            ‘Yes! Let’s go get him!’ said Jeremy who jumped towards the stairs. Yes, he jumped, not walking, he jumped.

            Shin Woo get up slowly walking after Jeremy.

            ‘Aren’t you coming with us, Go Mi Nam?’ he asked.

I shook my head.       

            ‘I’d rather watch some television now I have the time.’

            ‘That’s okay.’ he said and he disappeared on the stairs.

The peace returned and sometimes I wondered if I would feel different if I would try to hang-out with them instead of standing in the corner, watching them do things. We were doing fine like this, but sometimes it was like we were just strangers to each other. To be honest, they were like strangers to me. But then I realized it wasn’t necessary to act all friendly with them because I was already the most popular guy in the band and our teamwork is great when it comes to music.

            ‘So it isn’t necessary.’ I said to myself as I laid back on the couch and looked at the television that showed an old performance of us. I kind of hoped that it would be the one where Hwang Tae Kyung gives his last try to keep my little sister by his side (which worked by the way), but it wasn’t. It was just one of the first but not that one.

            But right on the moment that Hwang Tae Kyung wanted to start with a new song, my phone beeped because of a text message.

            I grabbed my phone from the table in front of me and I looked at the display. I wasn’t surprised when I saw the consignor of the message, I saw that one coming already. The text message was from Yoo He Yi. I doubted for a while if I would open it, but because I was already bored, I decided to look at it.

            It said: ‘I finished my work earlier than expected. I am extremely bored.

In Yoo He Yi’s language did that mean: ‘I am done with my work, please come over to worship me.’

            So I texted back: ‘Do you want me to come over?’

And it didn’t take long before I got some response.

            ‘I don’t care. It’s not like I want you to.’

And that text meant: ‘I am actually already waiting for you, but I am playing extremely hard-to-get.’

            ‘I’m on my way, honey.’

I grinned and stood up from the couch, grabbed my coat and sunglasses, put on my boots, car keys, and left the house.