CHAPTER 17.

While we drove towards the studio in our van, the silence was killing us all. We all didn’t say anything and stared out of the window. Sometimes I hear Shi Mi sighing silently and Jeremy looked up every single time she did that. I felt the urge to talk to her but normally I shut up too so this time was no different. It was Jeremy who started an awkward conversation without feeling awkward about it himself.

            ‘Are you looking forward playing with us in the studio? It has been a while since we played with someone else.’ told Jeremy smiling.

            ‘He is not here to play with us, Jeremy.’ said Hwang Tae Kyung.

            ‘Why not? He has to learn us the song right? What is wrong with playing with us in the meanwhile?’

            ‘He has to focus on teaching us, not making fun himself.’

            ‘That is not how ‘teamwork’ works, Tae Kyung.’ remarked Go Mi Nam who looked up from his phone.

            ‘I don’t think Tae Kyung knows how to work with a song writer different from himself.’ I said dead serious.

            ‘I was actually really good at working with Go Mi Nyu, though.’

The way he said it was the same as throwing a brick in my face. He knew what I had been feeling towards her and he knew the relationship between me and Go Mi Nyu had always been well.

            ‘From what I heard from my sister, I understood that Shin Woo and she got along better at first than you and her. I mean, in working together. You didn’t like the idea of another singer in the band.’

            ‘We thought she was you at first. We didn’t want you in the band.’ growled Hwang Tae Kyung.

            ‘Such a pity that I don’t even care.’ grinned Go Mi Nam.

Hwang Tae Kyung mumbled something we couldn’t hear and focused himself at the trees outside. Suddenly a memory from a very long time ago crossed my mind. It was the time that Go Mi Nyu ran away after she finished a recording. She let her feelings explode in the song Hwang Tae Kyung wrote for her and everyone thought she exploded because she was in love with me. But reality is hard and soon I found out it wasn’t me she liked, it had never been me and I had always known that. But that day, she cried in my shoulder, her warmth pressing against me. It was one of the best memories I had of her and suddenly it felt like I was dreaming.  But soon something pulled me back in reality and that was Tae Kyung standing behind me, looking at us. It felt great to have had something he didn’t, at least until Go Mi Nyu ran away from me.

            ‘We arrived.’ told our driver us. I just noticed that Shi Mi had been staring at me this whole time and when she finally decided to look away, I smiled at her, telling her that I was alright that there was nothing wrong. First she turned her face to the ground, nodding simply, but after that she looked at me as if she was feeling sorry for me, even though she didn’t even know the story, or what was going on inside my head. I regretted crying next to her.

            Outside the van there were fans everywhere, trying to catch our eyes and trying to touch us when we got out the van. Jeremy greeted them all with a smile and Hwang Tae Kyung ignored them as best he could. Go Mi Nam showed a little grin while waving at them and I simply nodded, smiling sometimes whenever there was a girl trying to touch me. Next to me, there was Shi Mi who walked with her head bowed towards the floor, pretending there was nothing going on and trying to avoid everyone’s gaze.

            ‘Who is the little guy over there?’

            ‘Could it be there is going to be another member?’