CHAPTER 16.

The morning after that it was like she really had forgotten all about it but I was pretty ashamed myself because I had never acted this way towards anyone before. But yet, she smiled the morning and pretended that really nothing happened.

            While we were eating breakfast, suddenly Hwang Tae Kyung stopped drinking his water and pointed at Shi Mi with his finger.

            ‘You and me today, let me hear what you got.’ he ordered her.

My heart stopped moving. It wouldn’t be, it couldn’t be…

            ‘I’ll come with you guys!’ said Jeremy. Thank god, Jeremy! I really love you now. I cheered my heart out in the inside, believe me.

            ‘That won’t be necessary.’ said Hwang Tae Kyung. ‘You’d only be a distraction.’

            ‘I’ll come too. To shut Jeremy up.’ I said taking a sip of my tea like I actually didn’t care.

Go Mi Nam stared at his plate but his eyes showed still a little response to everything that we were saying. He stroked through his hair as he looked up at Hwang Tae Kyung.

            ‘I would like to hear this new songwriter too, Tae Kyung.’ he said. ‘You are not the only one who is involved in the singing part.’

            Hwang Tae Kyung mumbled something which wasn’t meant for us to hear and he took a sip of his water.            

            ‘Good. But please, pay attention the whole time. Especially you, Go Mi Nam. Don’t go texting your girlfriend like you usually do.’

            ‘Yes yes.’

I looked at Shi Mi who ate her breakfast in silence. She really wasn’t the type to get involved in arguments.

            ‘Are you alright with it, Shi Wing?’ asked Jeremy

She looked up and smiled. She nodded carefully and turned herself back to her plate again.

            ‘Well, good.’ said Hwang Tae Kyung as he disappeared upstairs with his glass of water in his hand.

            That was a save for me. Hwang Tae Kyung wasn’t stupid and he would find out about the secret easily if Shi Mi wouldn’t watch out. He was smart, yet he was an idiot. He was just a complicated little guy and before the whole Go Mi Nyu incident I wouldn’t even have thought of disliking him. But it was because all of that that it had become hard for me to pretend nothing was going on.

            ‘I look forward to your song, Jong Shi Wing!’ said Jeremy smiling.

            ‘Please… don’t expect too much.’ she mumbled, with a little smile on her face.

            ‘Don’t be so insecure, you are a songwriter. Even if the song is really bad, you should be happy with it.’ I convinced her, putting my hand on her head.

            ‘Thanks.’ she mumbled. He eyes started to shine brightly and I patted her head. She was just like a lost puppy sometimes. It was kind of cute.

            ‘True that.’ grinned Go Mi Nam who took a sip of his coffee. The moment he wanted to get a bite of his food, his cell rang. He looked at the display and looked at it for a couple of seconds, deciding to take the call or not. In the end, he took the call. As we expected it was his little girlfriend we hated so badly.

            ‘I am eating breakfast right now.’  we overheard him. We continued eating like we weren’t listening, but because there wasn’t anything else to listen to, we overheard his whole conversation.

            ‘I can’t today. I have an appointment with the band.’

We could almost smell Yoo He Yi’s arrogance through the cell, it was awful.

            ‘I can’t.’ he repeated himself. ‘I don’t.’ he sighed. ‘I don’t feel like it today.’ he sighed once again.          

            He looked at us, searching for help but we wouldn’t be the ones giving it to him. He started dating that Yoo He Yi, it wasn’t our problem that he was that stupid.

            ‘Got to go, I really don’t have time today. Talk to you later.’ he ended the phone call while we still heard her talking. He interrupted her and after that he turned off his phone, probably afraid she would call him again.

            ‘You didn’t want to go to her place?’ I asked, drinking my tea.

            ‘Like you said before, it is bad giving her all the attention she wants. Good girls wait for it and will be following you. I think I like being followed by a pretty face more than chasing one.’ he grinned.

            ‘I can’t believe I even liked her.’ said Jeremy with a face that looked like he was going to throw up.

            ‘I never liked her.’ I said.

            ‘She is okay. Sometimes.’ mumbled Go Mi Nam. But I was really doubting the truth behind his words. I mean, normally he would have cancelled us and go to her but that wasn’t what he was doing today. Maybe something happened between them. But even though I was curious, I couldn’t find myself really caring about it.

            ‘Thanks for the food.’ mumbled Shi Mi as she put her chopsticks down.

            ‘Did it suit your liking?’

She nodded.

            ‘Next time, you are going to drink some of my juice too!’ yelled Jeremy excited.

            ‘O-okay…’ she stuttered with a little smile. She really was the most cute when she smiled. But at the same moment I could punch myself for thinking that way because I wasn’t into her that kind of way. But still, she looked cute.

            I looked at the faces of Jeremy and Go Mi Nam and I found them both staring at her with almost visible drool in the corner of their mouths. They couldn’t be… no, that couldn’t be true. I threw a towel at Jeremy and told him to clean up the mess because it was his turn today. And he simply looked at me with a face that made me feel like I was insane. It wasn’t his turn, it was mine. He threw back the towel and walked towards Jong Shi Wing, wrapped his arms around her and took her, together with him towards the living room, I couldn’t help but feeling an ache in my chest as I started cleaning up the mess.