CHAPTER 18.

‘I am not disappointed.’ said Go Mi Nam who tuned his guitar after Jong Shi Mi left to the toilet for a while.       

            ‘Me neither.’ agreed Jeremy.

            ‘I didn’t expect anything less. I mean, the director said he was great, right? I mean, we should trust that man’s instincts.’ I shared my opinion.              

            ‘The man is too easy with switching from the one project to the other.’ grumbled Tae Kyung.

            ‘Well, you can say a lot. But my sister and I both did a great job for A.N.JELL.’ grinned Mi Nam.

            ‘Yes, after she almost ruined by telling people that she was actually a girl.’ sighed Tae Kyung.

            ‘Who cares? It was Yoo He Yi’s fault after all. Not hers.’ mumbled Jeremy.

            ‘I guess Yoo He Yi has indeed a bad temper. But there are also a lot of great things about her. I mean look at her face.’ laughed Go Mi Nam.

            I barely spook when the conversation turned to Go Mi Nyu. It still hurt way too much for me to start making jokes about it. I wasn’t ready to act like it was already alright. It had only been two months since she left, but for them it felt like years. Tae Kyung was happy he was her boyfriend and yet unhappy because he had to miss her, Go Mi Nam was still in contact and Jeremy was a little too good in hiding his true emotions and feelings. And then there was me, me who had always watched out for her but got rejected because of the leader. Me, who always tried so hard to impress her but still failed in the end. Me, who kind of expected not to fall in love anymore because it would end up with a failure anyway. Sometimes I really thought I didn’t deserve that kind of life. My parents lived far away and the fans I had here were the same as nothing. I didn’t want to get too close with people anymore and that was why I regretted crying on Jong Shi Mi’s shoulder even though I appreciated that she had been listening to my story back there.

            ‘That really is the only good thing about her. I can’t believe I liked her at first.’ pouted Jeremy

The door opened and Jong Shi Mi came walking in. Jeremy immediately stood up from behind the drums and walked towards her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

            ‘But this time it is going to be different. Shi Wing doesn’t have to sing or to dance with us but only has to write our numbers.’ he smiled when he said that.

            Jong Shi Wing was surprised about the sudden act of Jeremy and was seeking for my eyes to get a little comfort. I smiled at her, telling her that it was okay. She nodded when she understood what I was trying to say with my eyes.

            ‘I expect a lot from you, Shi Wing.’ said Go Mi Nam who had taken his phone out of his pocket and started texting someone.

On our way back from the studio, we found the director talking at his phone in the hallway. We waited until he finished his phone call and greeted him with a small nod.

            ‘Look who we have here. Jong Shi Wing, our new songwriter. I hope you are enjoying your stay at the A.N.JELL’s house? If there is something that doesn’t suit your liking, please tell me.’ he said smiling.

            ‘I will. Thanks for your kindness.’ answered Shi Mi him politely.

            ‘Good. Good.’ he mumbled and passed us, walking back to his office.