CHAPTER 19.

Jeremy P.O.V.

It had been the first time Kang Shin Woo stood up against his fans and their behaviour. And me, who had been agreeing with Shin Woo-hyung from the beginning, realized he would need some help. After that, I realized that they had really hurt the little guy Jong Shi Wing and I couldn’t help but get angry on the fans that I always loved so dearly. It hadn’t happened to me that way before and for some reason I felt weird after touching his small wrist so casually. It wasn’t manly at all and resembled the one of Go Mi Nyuu, but even smaller. But it wasn’t a possibility that this little guy was also a girl because he had been sleeping in one room together with Shin Woo who would totally see things like that through just because he wasn’t stupid.

            ‘Let me get a band-aid for you.’ mumbled Shin Woo.

            ‘Thank you.’ nodded Jong Shi Wing.

Shin Woo-hyung disappeared in the basement where the first-aid kit was hidden behind some unused stuff.

            ‘Are you alright?’ I asked Shi Wing as I sat down next to him.

He simply nodded. He had his wrist in his hand and looked down.

            ‘Here.’ said Shin Woo who returned with a band-aid and some tape.

            ‘Does it hurt?’ he asked Shi Wing.

            ‘Only when I move it around too much.’ he mumbled softly as if he wasn’t allowed to have any kind of pain.

            ‘They went too far today.’ I said to Shin Woo who nodded in reply.

            ‘They did. That’s why I did something about it. I remembered how they behaved to Go Mi Nam when he first came here… they have gone too far too many times and I am sick of it.’ he said. He was angry, very angry. He had always been a caring kind of person with mean issues, but I had never seen him this angry over something that had happened a couple of times already. They tried to grab Go Mi Nyu multiple times but he never really interfered. Maybe he was afraid they would notice, or maybe he just let it be to keep up his status, but this time he really did something about it. They might have crossed a line he had drawn ages ago.

            ‘I am sorry for not helping you earlier. I helped you when it was already too late.’ apologized Shin Woo to Shi Wing. Something I noticed was that he did not say Go Mi Nyu but Go Mi Nam as if he didn’t want the new songwriter to know that there had been a girl in our band. I knew it was probably for the best, even when the whole situation was already over for weeks.

            ‘Don’t worry.’ mumbled Shi Wing as he looked at the ground. Shin Woo put a band-aid on his wrist with care.

            ‘How are you doing?’ asked Go Mi Nam who cam walking in, wearing comfortable clothes. He probably changed immediately after coming in the house.

            ‘He’s hurt.’ I said.

            ‘Well, I can see that. How bad is it?’ said Go Mi Nam as he sat down in front of Shi Wing who shot back a little by the idea of getting people that close.

            ‘Don’t worry, I won’t bite you. Don’t be afraid.’ he sighed as he carefully grabbed his arm. ‘The rest of the arm doesn’t really look big to me or something, so I guess it is going to be a bruise for only a short period of time.’

            ‘You think?’ asked Shi Wing. Go Mi Nam nodded as he stood up. ‘I grew up in a orphanage and I fought there almost every day protecting my little sister, I know how bruises work. I had a shitload of them.’

            He sat down on a chair in front of the television but he turned him so that he could look at me, Jong Shi Wing and Kang Shin Woo at once.

            ‘Shin Woo,’ sounded Hwang Tae Kyung’s voice coming out of the kitchen as also he walked in.

            ‘What is it?’ replied Shin Woo.

            ‘Be more careful next time. I don’t know what will happen again if you lose your composure. They think you are the cool and quiet cool and it is better to keep up with that, instead of suddenly getting angry on them.’

            ‘I know.’ sighed Shin Woo.

            ‘We can’t blame him though.’ I stood up for Shin Woo. ‘This time they really went too far and you know that too.’

            ‘Worse things have occurred too.’ answered Hwang Tae Kyung me. ‘He never once lost it, so he is not allowed to lose it again from this day on.’

            ‘Look, Tae Kyung, I respect you as a leader and as my partner, but they really went too far and the bodyguards just didn’t do their job correctly. It was alright for Shin Woo to stand up to those girls.’

            ‘I just want him to be able to keep his job, that’s all.’ said Tae Kyung grumpy.

            ‘I know and I’m sorry. Let’s now drop the subject.’ said Shin Woo.

            ‘I’m alright. Please focus on something else.’ said Shi Wing.

We all nodded in agree and the television got turned on by Mi Nam. At first we did not really look at it and just stared around us, trying to find a subject but failed at finding one, when we suddenly heard the name A.N.JELL getting mentioned and we all looked up. It was not the first time we appeared at that program, but this time we immediately saw what they were talking about.                 

            ‘Could you turn up the volume a little bit?’ I asked.

The volume got louder and we heard a woman talking about us.

            ‘The hot and popular band A.N.JELL has once again a new member on their team. Even though the little fellow is not singing or playing any instrument in the band, he still seems to have left a lot of impact on the members already.’ she started the item. ‘In this fragment you can see how Kang Shin Woo, the second vocalist in the band, protects the new songwriter called Jong Shi Wing after he gets hurt by one of his fans.’  we saw the fragment and it was as if the truth got thrown back in our face. It only happened like a hour ago and it was already on the news. Thinks escalated quickly when you were famous and most of the time that could only suck.

            ‘Jong Shi Wing, whose name is unknown amongst any other artists, is not the replacement of the currents songwriter Hwang Tae Kyung the leader of the band A.N.JELL, according to the director and manager of the band. He says Jong Shi Wing is only there to create some new music for A.N.JELL for their new album.’  After that you saw the director appearing saying that it was only for a short period of time with a bright smile on his face. He got the attention he asked for, the only question was if this was the right attention.

            The program ended and we looked at each other.

            ‘I guess he got discovered.’ mumbled Go Mi Nam.

            ‘Guess we got to be careful.’ sighed Kang Shin Woo.

            ‘Guess I’ll have to be strong then.’ said Jong Shi Wing.

And we all just nodded in agree