Chapter One

Chapter One: Unbreakable Bond

Someone knocked on my window and I was sure who it was. It's Friday so it should be him.

"Good morning" I said opening the window.

"Good Morning, Princess" Charles greeted back "Ready?!"

"I just need my jacket" I walked to my wardrobe, wore my jacket and put the hood over my head.

"You're going now, Princess?!" Marie, my maid asked.

"Yes"

"Don't be late, please"

"Okay" I said "Where is mum and Alicia?"

"They went to a party" she replied "She wanted you to come"

"Not my thing"

I'm supposed to go with my mother and Alicia to these kind of things. Alicia, my elder sister, she is sixteen years old and she can do the role of the princess really well. She wear dresses all the time, does charity, goes to all the parties and balls, she even shows up on TV sometimes. The one year gap between us should make us close, but it doesn't. She started that role long ago and forget about being a girl.

As for me, I'm the total opposite. Parties and balls are not my things. I don't like going out in front of people and having them watch me and commenting. Luckily, journalists and media are forbidden to go inside the castle, so it's my safe haven.

My window was at the back of the castle so no one would see us when we climb down.

"Watch out" Charles said as he helped me to stand on the ground.

"Good Morning, Prince" Arnold, the guard greeted Charles.

Charles developed a good friendship with Arnold. Every Friday Charles takes me out of the castle. It's the only day I can go out of the house without my parents knowing, of course.

King Henry and Queen Helen have strict rules on leaving the castle without a guard and a guard means attention and people looking at me. I know I'm the princess and I got responsibilities, but I'm still too young to take that role. I want to be a teenager, really much.

We walked with Arnold to the stable and he got our horses out and handed me Sebastian.

"Hey, Sebastian" I ruffled his hair and then rode my white horse as Charles rode his.

Arnold opened the back door for us that leads to the forest and Sebastian started runing to the forest as if for his freedom.

"Here" Charles threw me an apple as we sat on the grass in front of the waterfalls.

"Thanks, Prince" I smiled.

"Please" He begged, rolling his eyes as he looked at me "Stop calling me prince, I like Charles more"

"Okay, uncle" I said.

"I said" he said with a threatening tone "Charles"

"Okay, Charming"

"I like that"

"You'll always be my prince Charming" and we laughed "You sound different today, what's it?"

"Nothing"

"I know you well"

"You're too young to understand"

"I'm fifteen, but I probably know more than you know"

"Did you see her, Vic?" He said, looking to the sky, his eyes glowing under the sun rays "Princess Flavia?!" He looked at me with a questioning look "She is so beautiful"