Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One: The New Guy

She dragged me out, tears streaming down her face.

"I need to get my bag" I rushed to the living room to get the bag.

"Hope everything will be fine" Debra cried as I made my way out "Drive carefully"

I rode the car with Sky and she started the engine quickly.

"Brook, what's happening?" I asked.

"It's James"

"James?!" I cried "What happened to him?"

"He is in the hospital"

"The hospital?!" I yelled "I told you we shouldn't have left him"

"I'm sorry" still, she is crying "I'm sorry"

You know, it's really not the time for blame. Plus she has nothing to do with him getting sick, it's not her fault, neither it's mine.

"I'm sorry" I said "I shouldn't have yelled at you, it's not your fault"

Please, I don't want to lose him, I can't. I have no one else that cares for me. I need him beside me. If I lose him, I lose everything left for me.

"Thanks, Sky" Brook said as she closed the car's door and we rushed to the hospital "Please, James Mills" she said to the receptionist.

"He is still in the Operation Room. The third floor, room 376" she said and we ran to the elevator.

"Noah?!" I called, tears wetting my cheeks "What happened?" He was sitting on a chair near the room.

"He just got sick and I called the ambulance" he said.

After about an hour of sobs and tears and prayers, a doctor came out of the room.

"How is he doing?" I asked quickly.

"I won't lie, he is not in a good health" the doctor said "He is in a coma and we don't know when he will wake up" and he walked away quickly.

Silence. For a long time only heavy breaths could be heard.

"Let's go home, Vi" Brook said and I obeyed without a word.

We went home and I went straight to bed, but I didn't sleep. It's hard to close my eyes when all I can think about is what would I do if I lose him?

It's the hardest question to be answered. Well no, the answer is pretty simple. I'll go back to my isolation in the castle.

"Vi?!" Brook called "Are you still awake?"

"Yes"

"Are you afraid?"

"Afraid of what?"

"Of what will happen if anything happened to James?"

"Terrified"

"Why?"

"I don't want to go back and live the boring life of a princess" I said "And you?"

"Horrified"

"Why?"

"I don't want to go to an orphanage or live with a family that won't treat me like James does" and she started crying.

"Why do you think something bad will happen to him?" I said "He is gonna be fine I'm sure"

□□□□

"Wake up, miss" That was Noah trying to wake me up for the millionth time "You're going to be late for school"

"Okay" I walked to the bathroom then changed my clothes and walked downstairs "Good morning, Brook"