Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Not So Happy News

A Saturday morning, but I'm sure Charles is not coming today. I sat on my bed and held my history book to study.

A knock on the window snapped me out of my consantration and I walked to open it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Come"

"I thought you'd be spending today with your wife" I said "You just arrived yesterday"

"Friday is all for you"

"You're the best" I got my jacket and climbed the wall down.

"Would you mind if I joined you?" Flavia asked. This is supposed to be some Vic-and-Charming time, but I guess she won't disturb us.

Arnold handed me Sebastian and as soon as the gates opened he ran to the fields.

"You can use a sword?!" Flavia exclaimed as Charles handed me my sword.

"Yes" I said. Charles' sword's sharp end hit my face gently not getting me hurt.

"Never consantrat in any other thing when you're holding your sword" he said and I held my sword up high.

□□□□
*A year later*

"Oh My God!!" Charles cried and rushed to Flavia who was laying still on the floor after she excused from dinner and collapsed.

He cried her and rushed to their room. He placed her gently on the bed and called the castle's doctor.

Charles was standing out the door, walking up and down and dad and me were leaning on the wall. Mum and Alicia had gone to the main hall to sit.

"Don't worry, Charles" I said.

"She will be fine, brother" Dad said.

"I hope so, Henry"

The doctor came out of the room and closed the door behind him.

"How is she doing?" Charles asked.

"She is fine" the doctor replied.

"Why did she collapse?" He asked.

"I'm glad to tell you, Prince" the doctor started "That Princess Flavia is pregnant" a big smile formed on Charles lips "If you may excuse me, sir?"

"Thank you" My dad said and the doctor walked away.

Charles opened the door slowly in case she was sleeping or something and we entered. She was sitting on the bed with a big smile.

"Congratulations, Charles" she said.

"I'm so happy" he sat on the bed "I've been waiting for this"

"Congratulations, Flavia" dad said.

During the past year, Flavia had become a part of our small group. We don't have to call her by princess all the time and she doesn't do that, too.

She joins me and Charles every Friday. Dad had joined us a couple of times after Marie had told him about me and Charles going out of the castle alone every Friday.

□□□□
*Three Month Later*

"Do I really have to go to that visit?" I asked dad.

"Victoria, we argue about this every time we go out of the castle" he said.

"Come on, Vic" Charles said "It won't take long"

"And there will be no media" dad said.

I raised an eyebrow "Promise?!"

"On my honour"

"I'm going" I said "But I don't feel good about it"

Marie helped me with the clothes and I got down. We got in the cars. Alicia and me in a car, mum and dad in another car and Charles and Flavia in another.

"Enjoy that, Princess" Alicia said waving her hand to the crowd.

"Enjoy what?" She rolled her eyes as a reply to my question.

I just kept staring through the window. Not to the people waving or the buildings around us, but to the big sky that is streaching over everything.

I live in a very nice palace and I'm famous, I have almost everything a girl dream of. A wardrobe full of dresses and shoes, a house full of maids and butlers, everything an eighteen girl, like Alicia wants. But not everything a sixteen-year-old teenager like me needs.

Gun shots was the thing that snapped me out of my thoughts. Bullets crashed to my window and turned down, falling away, failing to shatter the bulletproof glass.

"Get down, Princesses" the guard yelled and both me and Alicia got under the seats.

Screams and cries as the driver pressed the pedal on the maximum to get us out of here.

"What's happening?" Alicia said "I'm afraid" she started crying.

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes "Are you four to cry?"

Lefts and rights and shouts and yells was the atmosphere around me until the driver finally pulled the brake and I raised from my uncomfortable position. I looked around me and we were past the gates of the castle.

"Ah!!" Alicia groaned in pain as she stood up and opened the door to go out.

"What happened, Princess?" Marie, who was waiting for me outside the castle asked.

"Prince?!" Stephan's voice calling Charles caused me to drift my eyes to Charles' car.

Stephan walked to the car and opened the door for Charles and Flavia. 

"Call the doctor" Stephan yelled and ran to the castle to call the doctor.

I ran to the car to check over Charles and the first thing I saw was blood dripping from the car to the ground.

"Charles?!" I called. Then came the sound of sobbs.

"It's going to be fine" Charles said then came the sound of heavy breathes.

"Oh My God!!" I cried.