Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen: The Honoured One

"When are your parents coming back, Eth?" I asked as I sat on the kitchen's counter.

"Next week" he said stirring the soup "Probably"

"Then I should find myself a new place to live"

"You can stay with me" he said "Until you figure out something"

Today is the last day of the boys' suspension. In that week none of us went to school, as if we were all suspended.

Sky wouldn't go without her brother and Brook and Chloe wouldn't leave Caden at home, because he would probably set it on fire so I wouldn't go alone. We have been going out for the past week so I had no time to spit it all to Ethan.

But today we are alone at his house. I will tell him and I won't care if he told anyone. Maybe I should tell him that I like him, too.

"Eth?!"

"Mmm"

"I need to tell you something"

"What?"

"You have to promise me that you won't tell anybody first"

"You need someone to spit everything to"

"Yes" I sighed.

"And you're giving me that honour?!"

"Yes"

"Go ahead" he said "I'm all ears"

"I-I" I don't know how to start "The thing is-" Not a good start "The reason I-"

"Why don't you tell me as if it is a story?"

"How?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Start with once upon a time, like fairytales" he said and when he got no answer "Okay, don't say names, I'll figure it out at the end"

I sighed "Once upon a time, in a far away Kingdom, lived a royalty" and I started listing my family, not forgetting Marie and Stephan "He taught her how to use a sword and he was the closest person to her" I told him about the proposal and Flavia having a baby then dying "She walked the streets not knowing what to do until he found her" then I told him about him coming back and giving me my passport and my flight ticket "She discovered he was diagnosed with Cancer, but he didn't tell her"

"That princess is you?!" He exclaimed and I nodded "And that prince is James?!" I nodded again "God! It should be hard"

"What?!"

"You know, the way you talk about you and James, it must've been really hard when he told you to go"

"It was" I sighed "He says he doesn't want me to see him fall, but I saw it before. When Flavia died, I saw him on his knees, weeping. The strong image was destroyed"

"And Viola is not your real name, neither James', right?!"

"Yeah, mine is Victoria and James' Charles"

"I don't know what to say"

"You don't have to say anything. You said that I need someone to keep my secrets and you promised, right?"

"Yeah" he said "On my honour" he smiled "I can't believe my friend is a princess"

"May I ask you a question now?"

"Sure"

"Why is it a big deal at school that you have a girlfriend? You actually got suspension because of it"

"Oh! Of course. It has to be that question" he huffed, childishly "Why did you ask?" He stomped his feet.

I giggled at the childish moves and he laughed.