Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine: A Complete Make Over

"Wake up, miss. Breakfast is ready"

"Marie, please" I put the pillow over my head "Leave me for a little longer"

"Miss?!" she called again and I threw the pillow away and sat upright.

"Good morning" I yawned.

"Good morning" Noah, who was the one waking me up not Marie, said. Yesterday, right. No more Marie.

"Breakfast is ready, miss"

He excused and I walked to the bathroom. I looked down to my clothes, I slept with my jeans and shirt. I took them off and opened my bag. I took the pair of jeans and one of the chiffon blouses out.

God! I got a button up shirt and two chiffon blouses. Eighteen year old girls don't dress like that.

I walked down stairs and sat on an empty chair in front of Brooklyn.

"Good Morning, princess" Charles greeted me and I rolled my eyes

"Please. Just Vic. Okay. Staring from now" I said "You didn't even use to call me princess"

"Okay" he shrugged his shoulders "I tried to show some respect"

"Thanks a lot"

"Perfect timing" he said as he looked to his ringing phone "Pick it" he handed me the phone.

"Who is it?" I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. Who would call Charles that I would want to answer?

"Marie"

Hello, Prince.

Hey Marie, it's me, Victoria.

Princess, I mean, Victoria how are you doing?

I'm fine. How are you doing?

I'm great. The Queen is mad. She was about to fire all the guards. You have to come back.

I'm not coming back, Marie. I-

I'll call you later, princess.

Okay.

"So" Charles said "You are going to go out with Brook after she comes back for school for some make over" he looked at me and I nodded "Are you okay with that, Brook?"

"I was planning to go shopping with the girls anyway, she can come along"

"I don't want to bother you and your friends"

"You won't" she said "They are actually nice, you'll love them"

"Plus you can't go to school like this" Charles added.

"School?!"

"Yes" he said "If you are going to stay here you'll have to go to school"

"Okay"

"Let's go Brook" he said, looking to his watch "I don't want to be late"

"Okay" I walked them out and waved my hands to them as they passed the gates.

I walked back inside and sat on the couch to watch some TV. I'm stunned by Charles' house. A big TV screen, another one in Brooklyn's room and I'm sure there is another one in his room. The big dinning table, the decor, the gates and the garden. The house of the editor of the New York Times, what am I expecting? A small apartment in a dark street.

I kept scrolling through the channels until Noah came and asked me "Do you want lunch, miss?"

"Oh! Thank you, but I'm not hungry"