Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen: A Couple Of Choices

I walked in the hospital and to the Chemo section. He was sitting in the same chair with his headphones and his body was relaxing.

I just stood there staring at him for a while. Not knowing what to do. Now that Ethan's family is back I have to find myself a new place to live.

There is a couple choices I could take. One, I can look for a job, then I'll rent an apartment and live by myself, but then I have to wait for a month before my salary and what if the salary wasn't enough for an apartment?

Suggestion Refused.

Two, I can call Marie and tell her to tell dad to send me a jet, but that way I'll have to face my family.

Maybe.

Three, I can go in and face Charles, tell him that I didn't leave and beg him to take me back.

No.

I held my phone and opened the contact list. I searched in the Ms and scrolled to the As. The next thing I know, I was shutting my phone and turning the door knob.

There's no turning back now. I walked slowly inside the room and he was still sitting. I walked slowly to his chair, still his eyes were closed and he didn't notice me.

It was strange, I was standing in front of him, but he didn't know. I was always there for him, but he didn't know. He pushed me away everytime I try to help.

I can't do that anymore, I collapsed under his feet. My arms resting on his lap and my face buried.

After which felt like a thousand years, I felt his gentle touch tap on my shoulder, it was too gentle and I felt the need for it.

"I'm so sorry, Vic" he whispered "I always push you away, I never mean it"

I raised my head not expecting this and his back was bent down "You're not mad that I knew"

"At all"

"But you didn't tell me"

"I didn't know how to tell you" still he's whispering "The only choice I had was to send you back and push you away. Like I always do"

I wiped my tears away and stood up.

"I still got an hour in the session" he said "Stay with me"

I pulled a chair, sat down and he threw a hand on my shoulder. It still feels like it used to three years ago.

I'm so happy we fixed that. It feels so good to have everything back to the normal. Charles, I love you so much.

"Wake up, Vic" I heard Charles' voice. I slept?! It was so comfortable "Let's go home"

"Yeah" I stood from the chair and we walked to his car that was parked out.

He opened the door to his mansion and we walked inside.

"Hey, Jam-" Brook started, but was cut off by me "Vi?!" she hugged me.

"Why didn't you tell me that Victoria didn't travel?" Charles said with his serious face on.

"I-I-"

"It's fine" his expression changed in a matter of seconds "But don't keep anything from me. I'm your father, always remember that" and he wrapped her in a hug "Go change your clothes and then we'll watch a movie"

We ran to our room and changed to our PJs.

"How did he know you're still here?" Brook asked as I brushed by hair.