Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five: He's Dead

She opened the back door and slid in. I turned around to face her and gave her a confused look.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm coming with you" she replied as if it's normal "Brad said that I can spend this weekend with you"

"Really?!"

"Yes" she nodded.

"Yes" both me and Ethan cheered.

"Come on get us out of here and let's party" she cried.

Ethan started the engine and turned on the stereo. We started singing aloud and whenever we passed by anyone we got weird looks and laughed.

"What are we doing here?" Brook asked.

"What party could it be without Cay and Chlo?!" Ethan exclaimed.

Caden enetered the car quickly and sat beside Brook, before they kissed.

"Please" I said "Stop it"

"What?!" She cried "It's been a month"

"I missed you" he said to her before they started again.

"To where, Ethan?" Chloe asked as Ethan started the engine.

"We need to get Damien then we'll go to Sean's"

"Not Sean, please" I begged "He hates me"

"He doesn't hate you" Caden defended.

"Sure" I nodded sarcastically "I'm gonna fail because of him"

"Fail?!" Brook exclaimed.

"I got a physics exam after spring break" I said.

"Don't worry" Caden said "You're gonna make it"

"Dam can help, you know" Ethan said as he parked in front of his house.

"What can I help in?" Damien slid beside Chloe in the back seat.

"Vi got Sean as her physics tutor, but as usual he won't help her" Ethan explained "So you are gonna do it"

"Me?!" He cried "Sure"

"Thanks so much, Damien" I said.

"It's just Dam" he said "I guess we are friends now"

"Cheers to Brooklyn Jehnsen" Sky cheered as we raised our glasses in the air.

"Cheers to Brooklyn Jehnsen" we all cheered before we clicked our glasses and laughed before swallowing the burning liqued.

"Well let's play" Damien suggested "Truth or Dare?!"

"Yeah" They cheered.

"What?!" I exclaimed "I've never heard of that game"

"Are you serious?" Chloe cried "I can't believe there is a human on earth who doesn't know that game"

"The rules are pretty easy" Ethan said "One of us asks another person a question or dare him a dare and then next round the person who was being asked chooses another one to ask"

"Okay" and they started.

"I'll start" Chlo said "I choose" she scanned us "Vi"

Really Chloe?!

"I choose truth" I said. Not that I want to answer any of the questions, but I don't know what a dare could be.

"What is your biggest secret?"

"My biggest secret?!" I repeated "Really, Chlo?!"

"Come on" she said "You chose truth and you have to answer this question"

Something inside me is telling me that I can trust them on my secret. Like I trusted Ethan. They can keep it, I'm sure. Okay, I'm gonna tell them.

"My biggest secret is that" Do it. Come on they love you. They are gonna keep it "I still sleep with a teddy bear"

That's not true. Sure it's not. I've never even had one, but it's the only thing my brain can think of. God! Why didn't I tell them?

"Okay" she said "Now your turn"

"Sean" I looked at him "Why do you hate me?"

"You're supposed to ask truth or dare first" he huffed.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes "You know, I don't want an answer. Just skip my turn"

They did and the game continued. We played for a couple of turns asking embarrassing questions and daring stupid dares, but it was fun.

I opened the door of the house slowly and shut it behind.

"You're late, princess" I was greeted by Stephan who was sitting in the living room.

"Stephan, please" I rolled my eyes "I'm not the princess anymore, there is no bed time, so I'm late for nothing"

"Okay" he nodded "As you wish"

"Who is this?" Brook asked.

"This is Stephan, James's butler" I introduced him.

"Oh! Nice to meet you, Stephan" she streched her hand, but he didn't take it. As his usual, he bowed formally.

"Honoured to meet you, too" he said "You should be Ms.Brooklyn Jehnsen"

"Right" she said.

"Now if you may, princess, go to bed because it's getting late" I rolled my eyes again before I walked with Brook upstairs.

She opened the door and threw herself on her bed which had been made since she left.

"It feels so good to be back home" she sighed

"Not always" I said.

"Shut up, please" she cried "Have you visited James lately?"

"No" I said "But Liam calls me every now and then to tell me if there is anything new"

"And?!"

"There isn't"

We layed on the bed and talked for a lot of time before we fell asleep.

□□□□

"Can I go see James?" Brook requested as we ate our breakfast "Please, I'm going back to the Robinsons tonight"

"Okay" I sighed. Not that I don't want to, but I'm sure I'll break.

We changed our clothes and Noah dropped us by the hospital. We walked to the elevator and then through the corridors to his room.

We opened the door to find an empty made bed. Has he been transferred to another room? That means he is well. Thank God!

"Excuse me, miss" A nurse came from behind me "May I help you?"

"Yeah!" Brook said "The man in that room. Has he been transferred to another room?"

"I'm sorry, miss" The nurses eyes dropped to the ground as she walked away.

I can't believe that I lost him. It feels like how it felt when Flavia died. It feels bad and awful. I feel alone and lost.

I collapsed to the floor, my back to the wall, my legs to my chest, my head buried, Brook by my side and both of us crying our eyes out.

"Viola?!" A voice I know well called my name "Brooklyn?!"

"Liam?!" I cried.

"What are you doing her?" He asked "W-What happened?"

"Why didn't you tell me, Liam?" I asked.

"Tell you what?!" He had a questioning look.

"That James died" Brook said before bursting more tears.