Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: Someone To Stand For Me

"Wake up" Ethan jerked me awaken "Sean is going to be here in an hour"

"Good morning, Ethan" I said and walked to the bathroom.

"Breakfast is ready" he called from downstairs.

"Okay" I said and walked downstairs.

"May I ask you a question?" He asked when we were having breakfast.

"Sure"

"Why can't you go home?" It had to be this question "I don't mean to be curious" So what do you mean?

"It's a lon-" my phone rang cutting me off "Marie" I cried the name that flashed on my screen "I'm sorry. I have to answer this" and I ran outside to talk to her.

Hey, Princess.

Hey, Marie

Tears started rolling down my cheeks.

Where are you? Prince Charles told us you would be here at nine in the morning and it's eleven.

I didn't ride the plane, Marie

What?! Did you solve the problem with the prince?

No. He actually thinks I travelled, but I'm staying at a friend's house.

What?! So what are you going to do?

I don't know.

"Vi?!" Ethan called "Sean is here. We should go"

"Okay, Ethan. I'm coming" I said.

Marie, I should go and I'll try to call you later

Okay. Just take care of yourself.

Okay

"I'm sorry" I apologised as I rode the car.

"No problem" Ethan said "We're already early. Plus we're going to wait for Chloe for minimum half an hour"

"Why don't you just stop complaining about Chloe being late? She just takes time to dress up" I said.

I saw Sean looking from the mirror to me in a really bad way and Ethan elbowed him. Wait...When was he even discharged? He was in the hospital yesterday?

"When were you discharged?" I asked, but he didn't answer and Ethan elbowed him again.

"Ethan can you stop? I'm driving" he cried "I was discharged yesterday. Thanks for asking"

"Do you feel better now?" I asked, but he didn't answer.

"Of course he does. Can't you see him driving?" Ethan laughed and I laughed with him, but of course Sean didn't.

He parked in front of the school and we got out. I was standing by my locker, getting some books for Maths, when a bunch of girls passed.

I heard them whisper things, but it wasn't clear enough. What I'm sure about is that their conversation contained Ethan, girlfriend and this girl.

If something I thought is impossible, it was a rumour spreading around our school during the weekend. Looks like it wasn't.

"Are you Ethan's girlfriend?" A girl asked, leaning on the locker beside mine. I'm sure I have seen her before. This is the girl who thought I was Ethan's girlfriend in the party.