Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two: The Police Knocks

"Hey, Noah" I greeted him and threw my bag by the door, beside Brook's.

"Hey, miss" he said "There is someone wating for you in the office"

"Someone?!"

"Mr.Liam Starr from the magazine" he said

"Okay" I walked with Brook to the office and opened the door "Hey, Liam"

"Hey, Vi" he said "How are you doing?"

"I'm great" I said "And you?"

"I'm fine" he said "Mr.Mills hasn't come for two days and his not answering his phone, so as his personal assistant I came to see what's wrong"

"James is in the hospital, Liam" I sighed "He got seriously ill two days ago and he is in a Coma"

"Oh my God!!" He cried "Why didn't you tell me, Vi? You should've"

"I didn't know what to do actually" I said.

"I could've helped" he said "Anyways, I should go and inform the board"

"Okay" and he left. Maybe I should've called him, at least to inform him that his boss is sick.

"Do you know him?" Brook asked as we sat alone in the office.

"Yes" I replied "He was sitting beside me in the plane and he helped me find Charles"

□□□□

"Hey" I dropped my bag by the door of his room and sat on the chair beside his bed "I miss you"

"Hey, dad" Brook said and I looked at her weirdly. She never called him dad "He always liked it" she smiled at me "I miss you"

For a long time we just sat in silence. It was strange, awkward and cold. I want to cry and scream at the top of my lungs, but I can't break in front of Brook.

"We are going to be late for school" Brook broke the silence and we walked out of the hospital to school.

"And how is he doing?" Damien asked, referring to Charles after Brook had told him that he's in the hospital.

"We have no idea" Brook said. The bell rang and soon it rang again announcing the end of the day.

"Do you want dinner, miss?" Noah asked me as I sat on my bed.

"I'm not hungry"

"You haven't been eating much, miss. Mr.Mills would've been upset"

"He's not here"

"As you wish" and he left the room.

"Aren't you coming for dinner?" Brook asked sitting beside me on the bed.

"I don't have much appetite"

"I know it's hard and you're thinking of the loss that may happen" she started "But James being in the hospital has nothing to do with you and starving yourself to death won't help"

"I'm not starving myself to death" I argued "I'm just not hungry"

"Listen!" She said "I have suffered the fear of loss before and I know how bad it feels, but you gotta be strong"

"I can't" I burst out in tears "It's hard"

"Stop crying, please" she said "Let's eat something" and she dragged me out the room "So how is it going with Ethan?" She said with a smirk as we ate.

"I can't believe none of you told me" I cried "You should've, Brook"

"Ethan is supposed to be the one to tell you, since it's his issue not ours"