1

❝There's no relief, I see you in my sleep.❞

─ Lana Del Rey

Have you ever lost the thing which meant the world to you? No, well I have. It is happening at this moment. The person who said they will never hurt me ─ did just that. Pain which stabs you in the heart, unexplained, unprovoked, and the most hurtful because it blind sides you and kills you bit by bit. This pain can bring anyone to their knees ─ pain I am enduring at the moment.

"Marcus, you can't do this!" The words come out as a loud sob. My wolf howls within me, her pain making me want to drop to the ground and curl up in the fetal position. He is my mate. He is meant for me and no one else. My lip quivers as I fight back the sob trying to escape me once again.

I stand there indecisive on my feet as I stare at him fighting back my tears but my emotions over power me and nothing stops them as they well up and drop from the captivity of my eyes. My body yearns for him his warmth, his strength, and his love. I want him to drop his defensive stance and come tell me he was joking or at the least explain why? Why is he leaving me here as if I meant nothing to him?

"Melany, I can't be with you! This is not for me," his grip tightens on the door handle making my heart tighten. I swallow as my hand clutches at my chest trying to hold the shattered pieces of my heart together.

"Why are you doing this?" I beg hoping if I can figure out why he wants to leave we can work it out. "Please," the lump in my throat makes it nearly inaudible.

As mates he knows he is hurting more than anyone else can. We are in sync he can perceive my pain as well but he radiates numbness. My body is wreaking havoc with my emotions and he is staring at me as if I were a stranger trying to talk to him. As if he never was my mate, never spend the nights curled up together, running through the forest, and never loved each other.

Sympathy is not a word that fits him well and not even now as his mate breaks before his eyes. My wolf releases another howl in my head as she realizes he wants nothing with me.

"Sorry, I'm leaving that way you can get over me," his chin brushing against his shoulder as he takes one last glance at the broken girl before him. The tears cascading over my cheeks do not faze him as he yanks the door open and steps into the dark night.

He opens the door and the lump in my throat grows. The frosty breeze seeps into my veins and body making me endure the worse loneliness in the world. Without glancing back he walks out the door his one last crack to my shattered heart. He slams the door resembling the pain of a slap in the face. The door clicks shut behind him.

He could not even say goodbye, no last kiss, not even a hug.

A shaky breath makes its way through my lips as my hands go to my chest holding onto my heart in place. He is gone much the same as the love he once experienced for me.

This cannot end this way. I can't let him go!

My feet pull me forward as I run to the door I pull it open nothing but darkness invades my vision, the darkness swallows me whole no trace of the man I love.

"No!" My eyelids flutter open as the blurry mess before me starts to focus as my lit room seeps into my irises. My heaving breath lifts me off my bed. My eyes widen as they take in the familiar white bare walls of my once colorful bedroom. My gaze falls on my floor lamp light, it is still on as annoyance seeps into me. I cannot even remember to turn off the light when I cry myself to sleep.