17

I need to run faster. That is all my wolf is thinking as the trees rush pass us.

The growls and snarls break through the air as my body flies through the trees. My paws skid to a stop at a top of a hill.

The rogue pack is at the bottom circling Hunter and his comrades. Hunter is breathing hard from the looks of it. Drake is in the middle of the circle hurt and whimpering. They hurt one of my own on my turf.

Mel the pack is on their way.

Great let's show these mutts who they're messing with.

A growl erupts from a rogue and Jonas steps forward daring it to make a move. I roll back my lips and growl at them drawing everyone's to me, the rogue's growl in unison. They know that they have two alphas before them. They know they might have been able to go after an alpha when they are outnumbered but not when two alphas are in the equation and especially not when my pack is on their way.

I lunge myself off the hill and land with a loud thump in the middle of my allies. Hunter's body heaves as he takes in air, I walk next to him and nudge him making sure he is okay.

His wolf turns to look at me and I swear he is smirking at me through his pain. He would try to make me feel better.

So these are the rogues causing problems.

My eyes scan the pack before us and they all seem ready to attack in a moment's notice. I step in front of Hunter and release a menacing growl letting them know that he is with me.

The stench that reaches my nostrils makes my eyes water rogues are dirty and disgusting creatures.

Give us a minute.

Andrew and the pack are a few feet away. Hunter drops to the ground his breathing shallow.

Hunter!

One of the rogues takes advantage of the distraction. She lunges at him. The biggest achievement for a rogue would be killing an alpha and taking over their pack. She snarls at him as she closes in on him. I am much faster than her. I run at her and my teeth sink into her neck and with a swift motion I fling her back.

Her body hits the ground hard and she rolls into her pack. She whimpers in pain when she stops.

Try that again and I swear that will be the last thought that will cross your mind.

She stands up and looks at me. My alpha aura radiates through me and she backs into her pack.

Filthy animal.

Slowly the pack starts backing away.

We're here!

Andrew does not have to tell me my body reacts to my pack. The rogues know there is no way of winning this fight so they run in different directions scattering before us.

Let's get them!

Andrew is friends with Drake and I feel as if he dislikes Hunter less and less with each day.

My pack rushes pass me and run after them. I hear growls and snarls flying from every direction. The birds disperse into the air getting away from all the commotion.

Ken stays with me as does another she wolf. A silver furred wolf walks around him as she sniffs Drake and licks his face gently. Drake looks at her lovingly. She must be his mate. He shifts back into his human form, his lip is bleeding and his leg is swollen, and she carries him back to the pack house.

Ken stares at Hunter and whimpers at him. They must be mind linking each other because Ken looks at me and gives me a reassuring nod.

I have no way to talk to Ken in my wolf form so I shift back into my human form, "take him back to the pack house our doctor will be waiting for him." Ken nods and Hunter's body is trying to heal but it cannot do it well in wolf form so it changes on its own. He is out cold. I kneel next to him and brush his hair away from his face.

There is so much I want to tell him so much I want him to know but right now it is not the moment. I lift Hunter up and Ken lowers down and once Hunter is on him Ken is off towards the pack house.

I run in the direction of my pack and shift when I can hear the fight. The scuffling and whimpering drives me to run faster. I see Andrew fighting a huge grey wolf when movement from behind him catches my eyes and a light sandy brown wolf runs at Andrew trying to take him down.

Two against one, I don't think so.

My wolf lunges at it and both our bodies collide in the air. We tumble down to the ground but she stops on her back and turn on my feet. I growl and run straight at her, going for an easy kill, I bite down hard on her neck she whimpers and tries her best to gasp for air. The satisfying crack of her neck makes me drop her as she becomes a lump in the ground.

I turn to look at Andrew and the rogue he was fighting is thrown to the side. He nods at me telling me he is fine. The footsteps heading towards us relax me as I feel my pack coming back.

Alpha they ran off but we manage to kill ten or so of their wolves.

One of the males says, he is my father's friend son, Jason is his name I believe.

They'll think twice before coming after our or Hunter's pack...How is they?

Andrew asks and all my pack eyes go to me.

I don't know Ken took him back to our pack doctor, and Drake was conscious when a she wolf took him back as well.

I take a deep breath.

Dr. Graham?

I have not tried mind linking anyone that is far away and I do not even know how far out I can be before our mind link disconnects.

Alpha! Her voice is a whisper but I can still hear her.

How is alpha Hunter and Drake?

She takes a moment to respond, Drake just needs to rest for a couple hours and then he'll be fine.

What about Hunter?

You need to come down here as soon as you can.

I end the connection and look at Andrew.

I need to go. Let's head back pack.

We all run to our territory and I run the fastest back to the pack house.

Please tell me that he is okay that nothing bad happen.