3

❝Woke up sweating from a dream, with a different kind of feeling.
All day long my heart was beating, searching for the meaning.❞

Maroon 5

Adrian Hunter POV

A deer bolts to the nearest trees at the sound of my paws hitting the ground. Any other day my wolf would consider running after the deer for some action but he knows we are here strictly on business.

The mountain air is fresh and the smell of pine in the air makes my wolf feel free. The sun is setting over the mountains giving the sky a beautiful purple hue. My wolf pushes himself to run faster, he is happy that I decided to run to the nearest pack's territory instead of driving. He has been itching for a good run.

This trip is just me, all alone, my beta wanted to join me but I need someone to stay behind to keep order within the pack. I am the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack.

My paws hit the wet grass as it releases all the stress that I have been feeling for the last couple of weeks. There has been a pack of rogues roaming around my territory and they have killed two of my pack members. They manage to evade us by maneuvering between territories, those sneaky mutts.

They know that we are not allowed to kill on someone else's land unless we want war. They killed my wolves so that is exactly what they are going to get. That is why meeting this alpha is so important to me usually I do not bother with other packs but this time it is personal.

Trying to meet the new alpha of the Moonless Pack has become like a cat and mouse chase. The alpha seems to want to meet me when something comes up and he delays our meeting. Time is something that is not on my side. After a couple weeks of this I decide that I am not taking no for an answer. I want to make a treaty with the closest pack which turns out to be the Moonless Pack. I want to be allowed to explore their land and go after those disgusting rogues.

Once I arrive on Moonless Pack territory my wolf senses heighten as they listen for the alpha to make his presences known. Slowing coming to a stroll I decide to shift back into my human form not wanting to come off as an enemy. If I encounter him in my wolf form is going to assume that I want to fight him changing into the sweatpants, which have been in my mouth the entire time, I am ready to meet the alpha.

Walking towards the outskirts of the forest I can sense a person nearby. The soft thump of my bare feet on the ground and rustling of the grass lets the wolves around know that I want to be heard and not planning a sneak attack. Once I am out of the forest I am greeted by the beta. He stands there looking at me as I take him in as well. We both size each other up. He looks like your average beta not as aggressive or dominant as an alpha, yet takes pride in his ranking and is respectful towards others.

"Where's your alpha?" Not bothering with pleasantries and not hiding my annoyance. Breathing in from my nose I try to calm myself. Maybe he is on his way?

He must be young and stupid to stand someone up such as a fellow alpha. This Moonless Pack's alpha is really starting to push my buttons since I came all this way to meet with him.

"Hello, my name is Andrew, the beta of the Moonless Pack," he stretches out his hand and waits for me to do the same. I sigh and lower my shoulders completely ignoring him. My index and forefinger press tightly on the bridge of my nose.

You're coming off as an asshole.

I came to meet the alpha not his second in command. You know that!