24

"Are you ready to head home?" Hunter says as he sways me around the dance floor. Our dancing is not meant for the music playing but at the moment I could care less. My head rests on his shoulder as the music thumps through me my arms are wrapped around his neck. It is early in the morning and the rest of the pack is still dancing their energy away. I am exhausted and ready to leave. My feet are killing me and Hunter seems as exhausted as I feel.

"Yes please," I press my face closer to his neck inhaling his scent sending my wolf into deeper relaxation.

"Come on," he snakes his arm around my waist and walks me towards a group of people. The alcohol is settling once again. I manage to get a couple more drinks in me to mellow myself out as Hunter look forth unpleased. He did not drink at all since he is the one that is going to drive back. My eyes close as tiredness takes its toll on me. "Andrew, do you need a ride?"

"No, we'll get a cab," Andrew slurs.

"If you need a ride don't hesitate to call me." Hunter voice is clear to me even though the music is very loud.

"Okay. Bye Mel!" Andrew waves at me.

My body feels heavy but I open up my eyes and give an energetic Andrew a weak wave. Hunter practically carries me out of the club but we are stopped at the door.

"Alpha, leaving already?" I do not have to open my eyes to know that it is Claudius.

"Yes!" I shout at him it is the alcohol talking.

"He was talking to me," Hunter's voice is by my ear, "we're leaving as you can see Alpha Blake is exhausted and a bit delusional." I can sense his smile on his voice.

She's always delusional!

You are lucky that I am tired.

"Have a safe trip and may I add that it is a bit chilly outside and seeing that Alpha Blake is showing some skin can I offer her coat." Hunter huffs at the mention of my skin showing.

"I brought a blazer I'll give to her." There is a snapping of fingers and then Hunter pulls me away from him as some fabric wraps around me. It is his. His smell is all over it. "Miss. Blake time to head home," his voice is like velvet to my ear.

"It sounds as if we're married." He chuckles and a cold breeze sweeps around my legs making my eyes shoot open. "Oh god that is cold."

"I would give you my pants but that would be going a tad over board." He smiles at me and I roll my eyes. "I see you're awake now."

"Somewhat," I shrug. My jeep is parked in front of the club as a man stands in front of it with my keys in his hands.

"Here you go Alpha Hunter." The keys jingle as Hunter grabs them and hands the man a tip. Hunter opens up the passenger door and holds his hand out so that he can help me in. I climb in and I notice that Hunter stands behind me so that I do not give the people behind me a show.

As soon as I am in Hunter runs to the driver's side and climbs in quickly. He turns the heater up and then drives off. The drive is peaceful and not long before I know it I feel someone shake me. "Melany, we're here." My eyes open up a bit as a yawn escapes me.

The cold air only makes me curl in deeper into Hunters blazer. "Come on you need to get inside." I groan and unbuckle myself getting out of the car.

Hunter closes the door and hurries me up the path. He opens up the door with my keys and leads me inside. I kick off my heels at the entrance and I feel Hunter close behind me.

"I can walk them by myself what's the worst that can happen? Bash my head in?" I should not jinx myself I am known for rolling down the stairs while I am sober.

"That's not funny," Hunter mumbles.

"Sorry," I walk up a few steps when I start to feel lightheaded, "Okay maybe I can't do this."

"I'm right here, if you fall I'll catch you," I turn slowly to look at him.

"Do you really mean that?" I look down at him he walks up the stairs until he is on the same step as me, our bodies close together.

"I wouldn't let you hit the ground," there is a wave of emotion flowing through me. He leans closer and lifts me off the ground and carries me upstairs and into my bedroom. "I'm going to change, you should as well."

I head to my bathroom and wash my face and put my hair into a bun. I change into some fuzzy pajama bottoms and a white fitted tee shirt. Walking into my bedroom Hunter is there already as always just in his pajama bottom. "Finally some well-deserved rest," he smiles at me and I finally notice the dark marks around his eyes.

"You haven't slept?" I mumble to him as he lifts up my blanket up and I dive into my bed.

"No," he climbs in and he makes me roll to my side as he spoons me. "I was missing my lullaby." His nose is at my hair as he breathes in deeply and snuggles me closer.

We both fall asleep.

'I'll be there in a few minutes.'

'Melany, I'll be back in a few.' The warmth at my temple makes me surface from the darkness a bit but then I quickly sink back down my exhaustion winning over my curiosity.

Melany!

The screeching of tires and the sound of metal colliding fill my dreams. The dead silence is deafening when suddenly the screams and growls erupt.

'Hunter!' That's when the gun goes off.

My body jerks awake my face is cover in sweat and my hands fly to Hunter's side and he is gone.

"Hunter?" My eyes scan my bedroom there is no sign of him, "Hunter!" I scream. I look at the floor and his pajamas are there. I jump out of bed and run downstairs I do not hesitate as I open the front door and see that my car is gone.

Andrew!

There is nothing but silence in my head. There is no way for anyone from the pack to block me out even my beta. Andrew!

I shout at him. I get nothing.

"Where is everyone?" I sob as this horrible feeling starts settling deep down.

Please someone answer me!