5

❝ After all you put me through, you'd think that I despise you. But in the end I wanna thank you, 'cause you made me that much stronger.❞

Christina Aguilera

My paws skid to a stop as the wind brushes through my fur and the eerie silence engulfs my hearing. My wolf is not happy to be caught by surprise. We are meant to be the hunter not the hunted, predator becomes the prey is not our thing.

Move Melany someone is here with you. You're like a sitting duck out here.

My wolf senses it as well and her body stands in alert. My breath hangs heavy in the air as my heated breath meets the frosty air. The branch snapping makes my ears perk up and my wolf takes complete control of her body. There is a rancid smell in the air and the stench is clinging to my nostrils.

It's a rogue!

My wolf runs but not as fast as she could, she is holding back, waiting to see what I want to do. I cannot let this wolf make me run on my own land.

Let's take it down.

My wolf seems satisfied with that answer she speeds down the bank of the creek, my footsteps sloshy with the wetness of the mud between my paws. The footsteps strain to run faster the sound of the rogues paws hitting the ground become louder. It does not care that I can hear him anymore he knows that his presence is known. He is ready to attack as well as I am.

My claws dig deeper into the ground and push me further, faster towards the trees. I am concentrated on the trees when something darts out from the side out of my view and collides with my side. The impact throws my head to the side and my surprise whimper gets caught in my throat. My body is thrown to the side my teeth snap at the attacker and my teeth grips his leg as I take the wolf with me. A snarl burst through me and my lips roll back baring my teeth at the wolf in front of me. The scent extruding off of this wolf is not the same as the one before. Its scent envelopes me and my wolf relaxes.

It's Hunter!

Hunter's wolf is huge but that is normal for an alpha. His dusty tan fur is almost the same shade as his hair. His golden eyes lock on mine and his breath is coming out in quick sessions and evaporating in front of him just as quickly tells me that he is not happy.

Hunter eyes dart in all directions, his eyes shifting around uneasy. He knows that there is something out there as well and he cannot locate it either. He strides to my side and nudges me with his snout to keep moving, he releases a frustrated noise from his snout and I growl at him. He directs me back to the pack house and I follow him. We run, Hunter not letting me out run him or fall behind, he keeps me by his side as we make it to the edge of the trees the pack house in view.

I shift back into my human form as does Hunter, "What were you thinking?" He snaps at me. He stands before me with his birthday suit and I avert my eyes and now becoming well aware of my own nakedness.

"Who do you think you are? You're on my turf so stay out of my business!" I shout of him letting my anger get the best of me. I am not going to let him yell at me just because he is an alpha as well.

"How are you even an alpha?" Those words are like a slap across my face, and I bite my tongue because what I have on my mind is not going to be taken lightly. "That rogue was tracking you since you shifted and you barely noticed him when you got to the creek!" His eyes burn into mine if I were not an alpha I would bow down to him and hope for forgiveness. He has his role as alpha down, now if only I could do the same.