22

It has been over a week.

It has been an entire week where I could not sleep because my thoughts of Hunter invading every possible space in my mind making me miss him so much more.

Andrew is stuffing is face with a sandwich as I sit at the dining table waiting for him to finish so we can go out for a run. Running is the only distraction that I have from Hunter since I let my wolf take over and she lets her animalistic senses take over.

"Stop staring at your phone." He says as he swallows the remnants in his mouth. My eyes go back to him and I scowl.

"I am not staring at my phone I was just dazing off, okay!" I am looking at my phone like an idiot.

"Come on Red, its Friday let's do something!" Andrew has been begging me to go out with him and the pack.

"What are you going to do?" I might consider his distraction.

"Let's go to the club! You love to dance." I do like to dance.

"I don't know." I sigh. I am not feeling like going out I just want to stay in.

You sound like a granny! We're going out and that's final.

Look at you all bossy!

Andrew takes another bite of his sandwich.

Well you've been in meetings all week long and you never sleep. Are you turning into a vampire?

"Shut up!"

It's settled then we're going out!

Andrew insists that I look my best tonight. I have nothing to wear my bed is piled high with clothes. Everything in my closet is either on the bed or on the floor.

Mel there is someone at the door for you!

Who?

Come down and see.

My heart beats hard against my chest as I practically run down the stairs. Andrew has the door wide open and there is a man standing there. He is holding a bouquet of red roses and two boxes.

"What's this?"

"Are you Melany Blake?" The man says looking at me up and down.

"Yes."

"These are for you." He hands me the roses and then the boxes, "the gentleman already signed this delivery so have a nice day." The man walks away and I stare at as the door closes behind him.

"What the-?" I look at the roses and I see a note attached to them. Andrew is faster than me and grabs it.

"This says it's for Melany!" He opens it and he smiles at me, "handwritten and everything."

"Andrew, give it back." Andrew hands me the note and takes the roses saying that he is going to put them in some water. I walk up stairs with my two boxes and note in my hands.

Putting the boxes on my bed I sit down and stare at the note. I open it up and read it:

Dear Melany,

I talked to Andrew and he said that you're going to go out with them tonight. That's good have fun. I sent you something if you have nothing to wear. Enjoy your night!

Yours truly,

Alpha Hunter

I smile at the note and then turn to look at the boxes. I open the bigger rectangular one. There is a black dress. Grabbing the fabric I pull it up and see that it is a sweetheart cut dress. The dress is beautiful. Something catches my eye in the box the dress is not the only thing inside.