36

A playful growl emerges as someone nuzzles up against my neck waking me up with a great start.

"Wake up sleepy head," Hunter's sleepy voice makes me smile and my eyes open up and the view outside the window tells me that it is early in the morning. The sky is a beautiful hue of light orange.

"Why?" I groan at him as the heaviness in my eyes hits me hard.

"You said to wake you up early I thought you wanted to go out for a run." He is doing what I asked him and now I am complaining.

"Oh right," my body needs a stress outlet. "Would you like to join me?" I ask Hunter but when I turn to look at him he is out cold. His breathing is relaxed if I thought he was handsome awake it is no comparison to him asleep. He must be exhausted. I lean over him and give him a kiss on his forehead.

I slide out of the bed and go to my suitcase where I lucky packed my workout clothes. I change quickly grab my phone and earphones and then quietly as possible sneak out of the bedroom. Walking down the hall I hear people talking must be the maids.

"Yes I heard she is an alpha to be reckoned with." It is in fact the maids and they are in a room that I have no idea what it is. I walk pass them and I am about to turn a corner when a voice stops me.

"Alpha Blake," I stop dead in my tracks and turn to look back it is the butler from last night.

Does this man ever rest?

"Yes?" I turn to face him.

"Where do you think you're going? It is very early," I am not use to telling people where I am going and especially strangers. "And may I add very dangerous for a lass like you to be out on the grounds."

Did he just call you Lassie?

"If you must know I am going out for a run," I snap at him letting my irritation get the best of me.

"Okay but I will let you know that there is a perimeter you are not allowed through it." This is news to me.

We're trapped inside!

"We're caged in here like dogs!" I snarl at him and his eyes narrow at me in anger.

"I will act like I didn't hear that for your sake." He swallows down something he wants to say and turns around walking the way he came from. I walk away as well easily find the front door. I plug in my earphones and my shoes hit the gravel of the path where we were left yesterday. I run into the trees that surround the castle. The place looks as if it is there is no way to find it on your own, some kind of magic keeping the Alpha of Alpha safe from any danger.

My wolf is happy for the fresh air that is rushing past me.

What do you think Alpha 'Storm' has in store for us today? She mumbles his name displeased with him.

I don't know but whatever it is we have to be ready for it!

Spoken like a true alpha! Show him you are more than a pretty face and stop being so nervous of him.

Excuse me but he is the all-powerful alpha of alphas and if you or I say something to piss him off who gets punished? Me not you!

Excuses!

My legs are enduring the rough ground better than I thought I push myself a bit more when something from the corner of my eye catches my attention.

I stop and pull my earphones out and look at my surrounding there is nothing but trees, trees, and more trees. I calm my breathing and listen hard but there is nothing other than the small scurrying feet of the forest animals.

My body relaxes and I put my earphones back on and run again. I run trying to see how far I can get before my body cannot take it anymore. Running up hill I am send back flying as my body comes into contact with an invisible brick wall. The wind is knocked out of me as I tumble to the ground. I get to my feet quickly and dust myself off.

What the hell was that?

I outstretch my hand and slowly walk in the direction that I was running in. My hand presses against a solid invisible barrier.

"We are really trapped in here!"

Melany break through it show the alpha that you can't be held against your will.

Do you really think that I can break through this?

Yes!

I take a deep breath and put both my hands on the barrier.

Come on we're not just any alpha...we're the alpha's of the moonless pack.

I push and it seems as if I am fighting against a building no way for me to beat this.

My mouth clenches shut and I push with my legs. I push until my arms and legs start to burn. I push until my calves start feeling as if they are on fire. I take a last huff as I am about to give up when my wolf launches herself at my core, my being, and the next thing I know my body in falling. My hands soften the blow as I roll and look up and see two shirtless twins back where the barrier stopped me.

A twin glares at me as the other looks at me with amazement. Zeke I assume anger is clear on his face. He runs back, back to the castle, back to Derek. Calvin stands there watching me. He takes a deep breath and his eyes seem to darken and he steps through the barrier.

"Are you okay?" He comes to me and lends me a helping hand. I take it and he helps me up to my feet.

"Yes, what is that?" I ask looking back towards the wall.

"The impenetrable force only the alpha, beta, and omega is supposed to be able to make it through." He states and stares at me with amazement.

"And I-" I trail off as I look over at the barrier and there is a feeling of accomplishment within me.

"Manage to piss of the alpha and beta." He grins at me and I feel as if that is not normal.

Great!

"This is going to be fun!" I sigh. Calvin grabs my hand and helps me through the barrier. His face cringes and his worried eyes go to me.

"He's waiting for us!"

Oh course he would be waiting with that tattle tale of a beta of his.