62

Melody has everyone she comes into contact with wrapped around her tiny fingers. She has been alive for three days and it seems as the infirmary is crowded with visitors. From the alpha of alpha's himself to humans. Hunter is as overprotective as I am over our little angel. If we do not know them they do not come near her no ifs, ands, or buts.

Andrew is carrying her at the moment and I can sense Madison getting jealous. "Daddy," she whines at him and lifts her hands up at him wanting her father to carry her. Andrew hands over Melody to me and grabs Madison.

"Aren't you a little green monster?" He rubs his nose against hers and she laughs at her father's antics.

"Alpha Hunter may I speak to you?" I look at Dr. Graham, she is not looking at me but at Hunter.

"Sure," he walks over to her as I scoot closer to the edge of the bed, I am getting ready to leave the infirmary and head back home, finally. My wolf is exhausted from the lack of sleep, once a she wolf has a pup our inner wolf wants to be on high alert. She is overly protective, her growls and snarls when someone holds Melody makes that clear.

Mel, you have some visitors. Hunter's voices chimes in through our mind link.

I know I am looking at them.

Hunter's mind takes over mine for a moment and I see Andrew's parents before Hunter.

What are they doing here?

My wolf's ear perk up as she senses my uneasiness. They have never tried communicating with Andrew and neither has he, so why come here now?

They came to see Melody. Hunter answers my question.

Anger rises within me. They did not go to see their own grandchildren but they want to see my daughter. My daughter! The words feel surreal even in anger.

"Angie, hold Melody," she does not hesitate to take her. I get off the bed and Andrew senses my anger.

"Melany?" His voice wavers as he is holding his daughter, Is there a problem?

"Stay here that is an order," I hiss at Andrew and head to the door. Walking out to the hallway I came face to face with Andrew's parents.

"Melany," Naomi, Andrew's mother, smiles at me but quickly wipes it off her face.

"Why are you here?" I snap at them as I take my place by Hunter's side.

"We came," she glances at her husband as he stands firmly in front of us, "to see the alpha's daughter. You know that that's tradition."

"Melany," Andrew voice is behind me and I take a step in front of the door blocking his vision. My eyes stay on Andrew's parents.

"When are you going to listen to me? You're my beta," I hiss at him. I turn on my heels and look at a confused Andrew, "hand her over." Andrew eyes narrow but he hands over Madison, "it's your parents." His eyebrows pull together and he stretches his neck to see them. I hold Madison with one hand and then Andrew's hand with the other. We walk to Hunter's side and Andrew looks at his parents.

"Why..." Andrew gasps as if lost for words. Why are they here? Why didn't they call him? Why haven't they tried to contact him in all these years?

"We came to see the alpha's daughter," his father says with no emotions, "but I see that it was a grave mistake."

"But..." Andrew sighs in defeat.

"Daddy," Ken is coming down the hall with Carl and Hector. The boys' eyes lighten up when they see their father and run to him. Andrew kneels down as the boys crash into him. He lifts them up and they both wrap their small arms around him.

"Come on let's go see mommy," Andrew says not saying anything else to his parents. Naomi seems as she wants to say something but her mate stops her and she bites her lip. Andrew walks back into the room with the boys.

"Is that?" Naomi speaks as her head nods towards Madison.

"This is my niece, nothing to you," the hurt in her eyes is evident. "Hunter, take her back," he grabs her and walks into the room.

"Let me make this clear. I love Andrew like a brother and my father looked after him when you gave him up without a fight. I will protect my family with my life, do I make myself clear." They nod at me, "now you've made yourself scarce over the years and I know you can do that again. I do not want you near my child or his unless he comes to you, understand." His father narrows his eyes and I know that he has a short temper he swallows down and relaxes his body.

"Yes, we understand," Naomi speaks for the both of them. "Sorry for the inconvenience."

"I'm sorry for being like this but I am looking out for the people closest to me." They leave and I walk into the room I see Andrew sitting on the bed as the boys play on the ground. "Hey I think I heard that there was ice cream in the fridge," I look at Ken urging him to take the kids and he nods. All the kids run out and Angie walks out with Melody in her arms. It is just Andrew, Hunter, and I in the small room. "How are you?"

"I can't believe after all these years they didn't utter a word to me. I'm their child for the love of god." He sighs and I know that he is fighting through his emotions.

"You have us," I look at Hunter and his eyes soften on Andrew, "in the short time I've known you you've become like a brother to me and I know that you would do anything for Melany and for that I am grateful."

"Of course I love you guys..." I hug him and I still see the sadness in his eyes but we are here for him.

That night we have dinner with the pack. We enjoy everyone's company it was a night filled with laughter. Hunter later takes us home to start our new chapter with our child.

Melody is the center of our world, Hunter and I could not be happier. We have the strongest pack second only to Mathew's and we are united family.

Hunter puts Melody into her crib as I clean up the living I feel him behind me and before I can turn around he wraps his arms around me and pulls me close. "I wouldn't trade this for the world," he kisses my neck.

"I wouldn't trade you and Melody for anything," I turn and kiss his soft lips and his consumes me showing me all the love he feels for me.

*Unknown POV*

"Sir, Melany Blake's child has been born." The scrawny boy bows down before me.

"Well then now we wait..." I have gotten good at the waiting game.