11

Melany, you need to wake up. My wolf pleas with me wanting me to open my eyes but that is not happening.

I don't want to.

Melany! It's time.

The light penetrates through my eyelids and I tighten my eyelids trying to stay asleep.

Let me sleep. Everything hurts.

"Melany," the voice is my ear sounds exhausted.

My eyes blink open and I look around. I am in my bedroom. The blankets have me swallowed up whole. Movement next to me makes me glance to my side. Hunter is there his arms wrap around me. He looks over me cautiously seeing if I am okay and I see in his eyes the worry he must feel.

"How are you feeling?" His voice is so raspy that he sounds much older.

I take a second to think it over, am I okay? "I'm okay, what happen?"

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes as if to calm himself, "you got very sick."

"Was I in pain?" He arches an eyebrow and I look down at his arms around me.

"Oh sorry, no, your body temperature was below normal and the pack doctor wanted us to keep it under control." He stammers at bit.

"So body heat then?" He smirks at me and nods.

I laugh but its cut short when my stomach rumbles. We decide that we would get dressed and then head down for breakfast.

Having Hunter by my side at night does not bother me as I think it should but it seems that I do not have any nightmares with him around. Which oddly his presence brings comfort to me.

I put on some black jeans, white hoodie, with my black boots. Hunter meets me in the hallway and he is wearing a white v-cut shirt with a gray cardigan, dark blue jeans, with black and white converses.

"Something is different," I say as I look him over.

"Yea," he grins at me and we start walking down the hall.

I look him over and then notice what it is, "you wear glasses?" He has some dark rimmed glasses on.

"Yes I do. I don't like to but my vision has been blurry lately." He looks handsome with them on. They add more character to his appearance.

"Oh."

We walk into the dining area and Hunter insists that I eat a big breakfast so he serves me a plate full of everything the cook dished out pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, and a strawberry Danish.

The same people from last time are at the table everyone except Andrew. I poke at everything on my plate. Hunter only has a Danish with coffee. His eyes stay on his food as if they held all the secrets of the universe.

"What happen last night?" I question once I notice he is not going to say anything.

"I'll talk if you finish your entire plate." He glances at me and then he looks over at his mug and wraps his hands around it.

I sigh, "Really! Are you serious?"

He shrugs, "you're starving yourself and your wolf."

"Fine," my fingers rip a piece of Danish it is warm to the touch and I lift the piece into my mouth. The explosion of sweetness in my mouth makes me close my eyes and moan in ecstasy. The frosting sticks to my fingers and I lick off the residue.

I open my eyes and I catch a gleam of something in Hunter's eyes but he blinks and it is gone. "I knew you would like it." I nod and put another piece into my mouth. Suddenly my fork starts scraping the plate as I start scarfing down my food.

"Hey slow it down," Hunter puts down his coffee and pulls my plate away. My wolf growls at him and I glare at him.

Melany there's trouble! Andrew invades my thoughts.

My body reacts and I am on my feet in two seconds flat.

Rogues?

No never mind don't come I'll handle this.

Where?

Melany I can take care of this.

Where are you? My alpha tone dominates and Andrew cannot fight me anymore.

By the river.

I run out of the house and Hunter is by my side in a matter of seconds, "Trouble?"

My wolf is going wild within me and I am not sure if I should shift just yet. I run to the river as fast as I can. The trees block my vision but I know exactly where I am heading Andrew's mental pictures are flooding my mind. There are eight people with him. Andrew is hesitate to attack because he is way out numbered.

I'm here.

The trees thin out and we get to the river bank Andrew stands there stiffly releasing a growl.

My wolf growls angrily within me, and she starts clawing at my core wanting to take over my human form. I gasp and feel light headed as the world around me starts spinning.

"Whoa," two strong arms grab ahold of me and hold me steady. "Breathe Melany," my wolf starts panting trying to calm down but it is just not happening. "Melany, breathe," Hunter's alphas voice booms in my ear and my wolf drops into submission.

"What's happening?" I gasp as I realize that my body is fighting for air.

"Take her back," Andrew bellows through clenched teeth.

"No I'm fine." I stand up straight and look at Andrew for the first time. His clothes are dirty and he has a bruise on his cheek.

"Who are they?" Hunter questions Andrew and he turns to look at the people close to the trees edge.

There are six males and two females. One of the females stands in front of one of the males protectively. She is pretty. Her auburn hair and pale completion reminds me of someone. On her neck there is the clear 'mark' she is mated. The male behind her must be her mate.

A male in his early thirties steps forward. "We're just here hunting for food," he says rather calmly.

I stare at him and nod, "I'm the Alpha of this territory and I allow other packs to hunt here with a proper notice."

"My apologies alpha but I thought he was the alpha from the way he spoke to you." The man looks over at Hunter.

"We're both alphas he is just here visiting. Next time I would appreciate it if you wouldn't go after my beta," He nods his understanding.

A scent finally hits me and I look at the rest of the people. The scent seems familiar but it is not the same, there is something else intertwined with it.

The female in front of her mate growls at me. I unconsciously take a step forward but Hunter stops me wrapping his arm around my waist.

The male pushes pass the girl and growls at me. My heart stops for a second as I finally see who it is.

"Don't touch her!" He snaps at Hunter.

"So we finally meet." He seethes at Marcus his hazel eyes angrily stare at Hunter.

Hunter pulls me closer to him keeping me upright.

I'll rip his throat out!

"You marked her while you knew I was your mate." The older male looks at Marcus in surprise and the female trembles before me.

He's dead to us! He is a piece of shit of a mate!