27

The odds have never been in my favor and at the moment that does not seem to change.

My father was killed by a rogue and growing up I thought he was invincible. Now it is me, all alone, against them.

"Melany, run!" Andrew yells at me as the rogue runs at me. My body momentarily freezes as my eyes are glued to the beasts red eyes. Fear grips me for a moment but my wolf does not allow fear to make me freeze. When he is close enough I jump out of the way and my body moves to its own accord. My knee jerk up and connects to the rogues ribs. The pressure hurts my knee as well but the rogue drops.

It lands hard on its hands and knees. He grabs ahold of his side and glares at me. The padding sound next to me makes me glance back quickly. There is a chocolate brown wolf walking back and forth I have never seen this wolf before but from his scent I know its Trent.

"Brad, get back here." A voice booms and my eyes shoot open I know that voice.

"You! I would never think you would do this to me. Haven't you hurt me enough?" My wolf howls and my gums start hurting. She is not taking any chances she knows that I might not be strong enough for this.

He steps out of the dense forest and walks through the rogue pack as if they were family. He has betrayed me more than I thought it was possible.

"Melany you left me no choice," his hazel eyes burn into mine.

"You made your own choice the second you left me. What do you want? A mate that is pathetic enough to wait for you while you go around and see other girls. Marcus you lost your chance with me," I grind my teeth, "can't you just let me be happy with the people that I love."

"Is that," his eyes dart to Hunter, "pathetic excuse of an alpha one of them?"

"Why does it matter to you?" I hiss at him.

"Because Melany you are doing something that no one has ever done before you're going to bring two packs together." He grins at me, "my pack and yours."

"Your pack?" Like hell I am.

He nods, "You see I am now the alpha of this pack and they listen to my every command."

He is the alpha of the rogues? And he wants to take over your pack. This is like your nightmares.

Maybe but this time it is reality and I am not going down without a fight. I know what side I belong and it is not with him.

"Over my dead body!" I seethe at him and I see something click in his head. I am going to be dead before he gets close to my pack.

"That will work as well but you see there is still some feeling for you in me and I intend to keep you as my Luna."

Luna! Luna? Is he stupid, deaf, blind you want nothing to do with him!

"Your Luna I will never be anything to you other than 'The Alpha of the Moonless Pack' and as for you, you're worse than these rogues." I point to the wolves around me as they eye me like a piece of meat.

My anger seems to fuel my wolf. My fangs protrude even in my human form. I can feel my wolf's power course through my veins. My wolf is becoming one with me but she lets me be in charge.

He was never meant to be your mate!

There seems to be a pull at my core. Marcus's eyes widen as he feels it as well. My wolf fights our mate connection harder than ever and something in my mind snaps sending both of us hurling to the ground. My butt hits the ground hard hurt my tail bone. The pain is nothing compared to the freedom I feel. My mind for the first time since meeting Marcus has become clear.

"What have you done?" Marcus growls at me as he stands on his feet I get up as well.

"We broke the mate connection...You're no long anything to me." The 160 pound weight on me known as Marcus is finally off of my shoulders.

My body finally feels free and I take a breath of fresh air and his scent reaches me. I feel nothing!

"Like I said before you're dead to me." My wolf finds my voice and talks.

Melany you can do this.

The rogues around me growl and I drop to my knees. My clothes start ripping as my body shifts into my wolf form. My lips roll back as I get ready to go after the rogues.

Suddenly my wolf relaxes.

A true alpha never truly fights alone...their pack are always by their side.

My packs presence is felt deep down in me. They are here with me.

Marcus is mine!

As soon as the words are said the rogues run at me as my pack run at them as well. My eyes are on Marcus. He senses the danger and shifts quickly. The snarls fill my ears. Marcus runs in Andrew's and Hunter's direction.

Pushing my body towards Marcus someone manages to lunge at me and pin me to the ground. I snap at them and their weight is off of me. I look back and Trent is there holding a dirty blonde wolf. His jaw is clench around her neck as he shakes her snapping her neck. I nod at him and look back towards Hunter.

A groan escapes him as Marcus sinks his teeth into his shoulder. Hunter is weak and does not fight him. Marcus drags him into the woods.

I jump to my feet and try my best to get to him but I'm in the middle of the war zone. Trent runs ahead of me trying to make lead for me.

A young male wolf tries to show his power by coming after me. He is predictable he aims for my front legs trying to damage one of my most powerful assets. I jump and land on him pinning to the ground my jaw tightens on his neck and he whimpers for forgiveness and for me to spare him his life.

I snap his neck. If he was anything else I would have spared him but a rogue would kill you the second you show weakness. No matter if you saved them seconds ago.

Most of the rogues want nothing to do with me as they see that I did not spare their pack member.

I run through the mob and make it to Andrew and Ken.

"Melany they injected us with something and now I can't feel my wolf." Andrew looks at me as I tug at the ropes binding him and Ken. The rope loosens and I nudge my head over to Angie. He should take care of her. "Go get Hunter." He stands helping Ken along when Ken is on his feet Andrew goes to Angie.

I run into the forest I follow Hunter's scent. My paws pad at the ground hard as I make my way to Hunter. I run out of the trees and Marcus has Hunter by the arm shaking him roughly as he groans in pain. Marcus sees me and drags him further away and then tosses him to the side. His once hazel eyes start going darker as the red seeps through his irises. He is now completely like them...he is turning into a rogue.

My eyes go to Hunter his eyes are close tight as he tries to repress he pain. His shirt is ripped open and there are claw marks across his chest and his shoulder is bleeding profusely. He needs help but Marcus is not allowing me to get to him.

Hunter is Marcus's distraction as I am looking over Hunter the snapping of teeth brings my eyes to Marcus and his bare teeth closing in on me.