26

If there is anything I would wish upon my worst enemy it would not be this. The feeling of helplessness and complete uselessness Hunter and Andrew have been gone for more than two hours and I cannot communicate with either one of them. I called Hunter and Andrew's cell but there is no answer. At first I tried calming myself but this has gone on too long. They would be back by now and since there is no news about them my stomach churns and I feel sick to my stomach.

Zipping up my jacket I get out of the house I am done pacing. I am about to walk to the door when, "Alpha!" Stops me in my tracks and I turn to come face to face with the cook.

"What?" I snap it is my agitation and worry that makes me lose it with her.

"We all know that something must have happened to Alpha Hunter and Andrew since none of us can get ahold of Andrew and Alpha Hunter isn't with you." The pack must find it weird that Andrew and Hunter are not with so they know that something is wrong.

I sigh and look over at her, "I can't get ahold of them either."

"I ask an old friend of mine to come and maybe help you with this." An old friend? Why would she do that?

"Who?"

"A tracker he tracks down anyone that you want to find that is his specialty. His name is Trent. He'll be here in a couple minutes." A tracker? Should I trust a complete stranger with finding Hunter and Andrew?

We need as much help as we can get. You don't know the first thing about tracking.

True.

"Thank you." She turns around and walks into the kitchen. Just then there is a knock at the door. I open it and there is a male in his early thirties standing there.

"Alpha Blake?" He looks at me unsure.

"That's me." I say sarcastically, everything seems to be hitting a nerve today.

"I'm Trent the tracker here at your service," he is tan with dark wavy brown hair and brown eyes.

"I am looking for two but most likely more people." I state remembering that Angie and Ken are with them but I have no idea of how to get ahold of them.

"That's fine I need something to connect me to them." He looks at me and I stare back unsure of what he is asking, "I need something with their scent."

"Well you can probably get Andrew's scent from the couch pillows since he seems to always be there and Hunter...I have his beanie." I signal for him to give me a minute and I run upstairs and straight into my bedroom. Upon entering I see the second box that Hunter sent and I never opened. I grab it and open it up. There is a note on top and it reads:

Dear Melany,

This is a picture of me when I was younger. When life was not so complicated and it seems that I was just happy to be a teen and do what I want. Andrew gave me a picture of you when you were younger and it helped me through some long nights so I am giving you the same token hopefully it is helpful.

Yours truly,

Adrian Hunter

I put down the note and look at the box. The picture is a dark wooden frame with a young looking Hunter. It seems as if he is laughing at something and then is caught off guard by the picture. The picture caught a genuine happy moment and I feel my heart tighten.

"Oh Hunter where are you?" It comes out a sob and I swallow down my emotions. I cannot break down right now. I need to be strong for them.

I place the picture on my night stand and open my dresser to get Hunter's beanie. I run downstairs and see Trent waiting for me at by the door. "Let's go!"