Chapter 11

Ciara.

"Happy birthday." I whispered, kissing her neck.

She smiled and opened one of her eyes. "Thank you."

"I need you to get up and get dressed. I have something planned for you today." I pecked her lips and got up from the bed.

Last week, I regretted everything but I'm glad Storm accepted my apology. We had sex and just cuddled the rest of the night. I wanted/needed to treat her better and show her how much I care.

"Did you get the cake?" I asked over the phone.

Lola laughed. "Cici, calm down. I got the cake, it's in my freezer now."

I chuckled. "I just need everything perfect, ya know?"

"And I understand completely but just relax for now."

I ended the call soon after and laid my head on the counter. I felt light kisses on the back of my neck, I smiled.

"So what are we doing today?" Storm asked.

I sat up. "I'm not telling you a single thing. You're just gonna have to wait."

Storm smacked her lips. "I'm 24 years old and still getting suprises?"

"Yes, Storm. Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to surprise my woman. Now is there?" I asked, biting my lip at her.

She smiled and bent down to kiss my lips when somebody busted through the door.

"Where yo old ass at, Storm?" Jassy.

Storm looked at me then turned around, walking into the living room. She was going to have one surprise she will never forget. Hopefully we could get to it.

"Hey beautiful." Jassy kissed the side of my head and hugged me.

I smiled. "Hey Jasmine."

"Really, Ciara? We like dat now." She laughed.

I laughed rolling my eyes. I checked the time on my phone and seen it was almost 2 o'clock. Storm had a surprise party at Jassy's house.

"What you plan on doing tonight?" Storm asked sitting herself on the counter.

Jassy sighed. "Nothing. But I gotta show you something."

"What? It bet not be nasty, J." Storm warned her.

"It's at my crib." Jassy informed her.

"Right now? Ciara-"

"No, I'll be there too. We got another hour left until your surprise begin." I smiled.

"But...you gotta wear a blindfold."

Storm looked at me unsure. "Blindfold? For what?"

"Storm, wear the damn thing." Jassy rolled her eyes. "Wait til we get in the car."

"Lemme get my jacket." Storm hopped down and went the bedroom.

"You think this will work?" I whispered lowly. I felt like Storm was somewhere listening.

Jassy nodded. "Yeah, girl. Everything already set up."

I bit the inside of my lip and ran a finger through my hair. I really need this to be perfect or I'm going to cry. I'm trying to show Storm I really can do things right.

"Alright. I'm ready." Storm said jogging down the stairs.

"I'll be in the car." Jassy says walking out the door.

I stood up from my chair and walked towards Storm. She was too busy messing with her phone so I took it.

"Baby, what you doing? Gimme my phone." Storm licked her lips.

"Nope. You can't be on your phone until your birthday ends." I smiled.

"Bullshit, Ciara." Storm scoffed.

I nodded and put her phone in my pocket. She thinks im playing, I'm dead ass. I wrapped my leg around her waist and pecked her lips.

"No phone, Storm."

She bit her lip and put her hands on my ass. "Aight fine. But If I get miscalls from somebody I'm beating yo ass."

"Whatever, girl. Now you better go before she leaves you." I moved away from her and walked towards the door.

Storm followed and stood out the door. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Storm turned on her heel and walked to Jassy's car. I closed the door and made my way upstairs. I got some roses and poured them from the downstairs doorway and to the bedroom tub.

Storm and I don't live together anymore but hopefully we can get back to that. I'm tired of all this damn drama, it never stops. I really just want to be a family, a married couple with a family.

Storm.

I had this blindfold on and Jassy kept trying to talk to me. This fabric was making my face itchy as hell.

"Jassy, yo house ain't that far. Where the hell are we going?"

"Back to yo house if you keep asking." She said seriously.

I rolled my eyes and just sat there. About ten minutes later, we stopped. I heard Jassy get out the car and then my door opened.

"Don't be looking either, Storm."

"Shut the hell up."

Jassy helped me up the stairs and told me to wait. I stood there patiently and heard whispering.

"Come on."

I felt a pair hands on my hand, I didn't know if it was Jassy still. I walked inside a place and stumbled.

"Damn."

"Take it off." Ciara whispered.

I took the blindfold off and adjusted my eyes to the lights.

"Happy birthday, Storm!" Everybody I knew jumped out.

I laughed. "Aw man. Thank y'all."

"Thank your woman." Lola remarked walking pass me.

I looked at Ciara who was laughing with Kimora. I decided to thank her later and get my shots on.

"Shots!" I yelled.

***

"Ciara, you mean the world to me." I smiled.

Ciara was drunk, she couldn't handle liqour. I drunk some but not too much knowing Ciara was gone drink.

"I-I mean the w-world to you?" Ciara slurred, looking at me like I said something so special.

"Yes, baby you do. I thank you for making my birthday unforgettable."

I walked up to my door and seen Taylor standing right there. Why the hell? I ignored him and opened the door, laying Ciara on the couch.

"Storm, we need to talk." Taylor said.

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm done with you and your games, aight? We can never be anything. I'm happy with my girlfriend." I said closing the door.

I sighed and made my way upstairs since Ciara wasn't right there. I heard crying and seen Ciara on the phone.

"You're lying! This isn't something you should play about!"

I stood in front of her and waited until she got off the phone. I noticed she had roses everywhere leading to the bathroom.

"We have to go to the hospital now!"

"Why? What happened?" I asked watching her run downstairs.

She looked back at me. "Marie's in the hospital. She was outside and my mom wasn't paying attention then heard her crying. She had bumps all over her face, she could barely breathe."

Marie was Ciara's everything. She would die for her, that's all she had was Marie sometimes. I would hate if anything happened to her.

Aww, I hope she's okay.

Excuse any errors.