Chapter 12

Ciara.

We sat in the hospital waiting room. I was so neverous, I'm shaking and trying to stay calm. I didn't even speak to my mom. If she was paying attention, my baby wouldn't be the hospital.

"Here you go, babe." I looked up and took the bottle of water from Storm.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

I messed with the bottle and just thought about how my life would turn around if she didn't make it.

"Family of Marie Willis?" A doctor said walking in.

I quickly got up and walked towards him. He looked at me with sorrow in his eyes.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry but she didn't make it. The swollen was so bad it wasn't going down fast enough. We tried to give her the oxygen but we could barely get the tube down. I'm really sorry."

"No, no, no! Please!" I shook my head as the tears fell down my face.

"There's nothing you can do?" My mother asked.

He sighed. "Ma'am shes gone. She passed away."

I grabbed her by the shirt. "YOU KILLED MY BABY GIRL! YOU DID! HAVE THE FUCK COULD YOU BE SO DAMN DUMB! I FUCKING HATE!"

Storm pulled me away from her, she mumbled sorry as tears streamed down face.

"She's not gone, Storm. I know she's not."

I yanked out of her hold and ran to the room Marie was in. I didn't care about the doctors or nurses, I needed to see my baby. I busted into the room and seem her pale body lifeless. I couldn't even bring myself to go up to her.

"Why God have to take my daughter?" I whispered to myself.

I held my knees up to my chest and just cried and cried. She was the only person I had to make me happy all the time. When Storm and I got into a fight, Marie would always make me laugh. I wish I could switch places with her. I've already lived my life but she was only 2 and couldn't even make it to her upcoming birthday.

I felt a arm going over my shoulder, I looked up and seen Storm with puffy red eyes. I knew this was hard for her too, she was like her daughter.

"Why Storm?" I laid my head in her chest and sobbed loudly. I knew for a fact I was soaking her shirt.

She kissed my head. "At least she's in good hands. She's always here with you, Ciara."

I kept crying. Storm eventually wrapped her arms around my body, rocking me.

Storm.

I couldn't believe she was gone. I didn't want to believe it either but once I seen her little body, I started crying more myself. Ciara was feeling all types of emotions. I didn't stop her from saying whatever she had to say. Ciara had every right to yell at her mama for not paying attention. She's a grown ass women. Don't volunteer to do something if you can't do it right.

Ciara wanted to be alone, I didn't know if I should stay with her or not. She would do some crazy shit to herself but Lola and Kimora stayed with her instead. Even though Ciara didn't want any company.

I leaned foward to grab the blunt but decided against it. I needed to stop smoking but I'm stressed right now. I leaned back and looked at the ceiling. The doorbell rung.

"Hol up!"

I got up from the couch and jogged to the door. Unborthered to look through the peep hole, I opened the door and Taylor stood with boutique of flowers.

"I'm sorry for your loss. These are for you." He mumbled, handing me the flowers. "And these are for your girlfriend."

"Um thanks? How'd you know?"

"Instagram."

I nodded. "Oh. I'm sure she'll like them."

I turned around and walked to kitchen, putting them in a vase. I heard the front door close so I knew he came in.

"Is she alright?" Taylor asked.

I walked back into the living room and sat down. I sat with my legs cross and felt tears coming down my face.

"She's...okay, I hope." I sniffed. "It's really hard for her, for everyone at the most. But I feel like the impact is on me and her. I-I tried to be strong for her at the hospital but I'm slowly feeling depressed myself."

I was full blown crying now. Taylor came over and held me as laid my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my back softly and kissed my forehead. I didn't care, I just needed comfort.

3 days later...

I held Ciara as she cried. We was at Marie's funeral and it was too much for me but I kept calm. It reminded me of Natalie's funeral and I hated it because I had to see her dead body, it was my fault. I wish I could bring back all my loved ones.

Mama Katelyn showed up but didn't sit near us. I kinda didn't want her to either. I didn't even want to look at the women because she didn't think too much of where Marie was.

Ciara got up slowly and walked towards the casket. I didn't have the strength to go up there, I'd probably break down crying. I watched Ciara shake her head, she started crying loudly.

"Why?!" She screamed.

Ciara turned around looking over the crowd then started running. I looked back and seen her going for Mama Katelyn. I quickly hopped up and ran towards her. Ciara had a hold of Mama Katelyn's hair and was throwing punches to her head.

"Ciara stop!"

Being that I couldn't break Ciara away from the fight, other people did. Afterwards, Mama Katelyn had a bloody lip and bruised cheek. Ciara looked at Mama Katelyn in disgust and walked out.

I ran after her and grabbed her arm.

"Ciara, are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes! She killed my child!" Her make up was running down her face.

"I understand where you coming from but you never fight at a funeral. At your daughters at that, Cici. That wasn't right at all." I said in disbelief.

Ciara rolled her eyes and huffed. "I'm sorry, Storm. This is hard for me, you know? I l-lost my baby not too long ago because of her mistake."

"I know baby but you gotta be strong for her and you. You can't be fighting people or your momma." I rubbed her arm.

She nodded and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back and kissed her head. I promised to never leave her even if she wanted me to. I'm not going anywhere.

Rip Marie.

I'm sad to say this book is almost coming to an end. Only 7 more chapters to go.