THE PROMISE

ADEEL'S POV:
I returned from college,said salaam to my parents,then quickly went to my room and threw my body on my bed...It was the first day of college and i was tired..The whole day passed first by searching for classrooms and then attending not so interesting lectures and when i say 'not so interesting' it means really boring...well maybe boring for me only as i am not that much into studying...I don't even know what those teachers were blabbering...It was as if they were telling some tragic story like Romeo and Juliet and my situation was like at the end of story i was gonna question  'what was relation between romeo and juliet??'as i didn't catched even a single word of whatever crap they were explaining...ummm crap for me only,for others it was a lecture...but this all was not the only reason for my tiredness,there was something else as well...HAFSA....I saw her when i was about to leave the class after attending first lecture...not really attending :p....i was surprised seeing her there...i don't believe this...how on earth we both end up at same place...firstly,when i returned from London,i got admission in her school and now we both are again in same college....Ya Allah!!why are you so kind to me....I don't want all this to happen...I think Allah isn't ready to accept the fact that we both are not best friends anymore...I had completely drowned into my thoughts when.....

"ADDDEEEELLLL"my mom yelled my name and pulled me out of my thoughts...

"Yes Mom" i yelled back

"Son come downstairs and eat something"

"Ok mom i will be there in 15 minutes"

And with this i got up from my bed and pulled my body to washroom to get fresh..

●●●●●

"How was the day son"mom said while i was sitting on kitchen island eating ice cream and she was preparing tea for my Dad..

"It was good Mom" i replied

"Anndd...how is Hafsa..i didn't met her from quite a long time"

My eyebrows shot up when mom took her name..

'How she knows Hafsa is in the same college' i thought

"I met Hanna in morning and she told me about her being in the same college and same branch as yours"Mom said as if reading my mind and i nodded..

●●●●●

I sat on couch in dining room with my dad who was watching Tv...
"Sadia was saying Hafsa has also joined the same college" Dad said while sipping tea

'Oh no not again'

"Yes dad" i replied

"Hmm...thats good"

"What good is in this"i said in a confused tone

"She is a nice girl and you might be happy afterall you both used to be friends"

"Yes dad USED TO BE" i said stressing the words 'used to be'

"Oh son...how on earth you both end up breaking friendship and acting like completely strangers...i mean you both were good friends....do you remember how you also used to cry when she used to be sad...you used to fight with everyone for her n remember how troublemaker was she but you always used to cover up for her and get the scoldings....i don't believe this how come two people who couldnt  imagine a day without each other dont even talk to each other now..."dad said and sighed

As soon as dad finished his words that were more like a speech given on national days,many memories that i had dumped in one corner of my mind started coming back one by one but i didn't wanted to get lost in my thoughts and that too infront of my dad,so i excused myself and quickly made my way to my room...i closed the door of my room and the slide show of memories started to play in my mind...I laid on my bed and tried to shoo away the memories but in vain and i completely got lost in my thoughts...

FLASHBACK: 14 YEARS OLD ADEEL AND HAFSA:-

14 year old Adeel's POV:
"Hafsaaa...Hafsaaa....where are you??? Haffffssssaaaa"

I looked around the garden to find Hafsa....I was here to say good bye to her as i was leaving London tomorrow with my uncle for 2 years...Hafsa's mom told me she is in garden and is upset about something...i can bet she is upset because i am leaving...

"Hafsaaaa" i yelled her name again and looked around.I saw her behind a tree and her face hidden between her arms....

"Hafsa.."i said softly patting her shoulder..

"G-O-O A-W-A-A-Y" she screamed between her sobs...

"Ya Allah....Hafsa...you are crying??"

"Yes i am....but how does it matter to you...you just go and enjoy in London.."she said with anger but tears still trickling down from her pretty brown eyes....My heart sank seeing her like this...I also didn't wanted to go leaving her here....but my dad wanted me to study there for 2 years and i couldn't say no to them....

"Hafsa dea...i will be back after 2 years na...and it doesn't matter how far we are,we will still be friends" i said while wiping away the tears from her eyes..

"You will change" she whispered

"Do you really think so??" I said raising my eyebrow "look Hafsa even if the world goes upside down,nothing will change between us...we are friends and we will always be no matter how far we are from each other..." i said in a determined tone..

"Really" she said looking into my eyes

"Yes"

"PROMISE me...PROMISE me nothing will change between us"she said and forwarded her hand towards me..

"I PROMISE" i said and put my hand into hers..

●●●●●

'Knock knock'
The knock on the door bought me back to reality...I got up from my bed to open the door...I touched my eyes only to realize that they were wet...

'What the....i was crying recalling the past...recalling her??' I frowned..

☆☆☆☆☆☆