ENGAGEMENT PREPARATIONS AND THE DREADFUL CALL

HAFSA'S POV:

"Are you two going to say anything or just keep on looking at floor...Whats so special about this floor?" Hanna frowned

Everyone else had gone to another room leaving me, Adeel, Hanna, Meeran bhai and Sahil bhai here so we could talk and ask anything to each other if we want to.

But from past 15 minutes, neither i nor Adeel had spoken even a single word.I was just too nervous to speak and adeel...well lets say Adeel was just being Adeel...Whenever i looked at him, he either smirked or cocked his eyebrow..

"Ladies first" Adeel said and looked at me...

"I don't think she has to ask anything at all" said Hanna

"No i have to" i finally spoke

"Then ask...We don't have all day"groaned Hanna

"Oh c'mon Hanna...You can atleast understand her situation...Some years back, you were at her place..Remember how you didn't even looked at me...Atleast she is stealing some glances towards Adeel" Said Meeran bhai making me blush...

"Well you were completely a stranger to me but they are best friends for Allah's sake"Hanna sighed in frustration.

"You both leave your bickering for some other day and let Hafsa ask Adeel whatever she wants to" said Sahil bhai..

I looked at Adeel and took an audible breath " Do you really want to marry me?" I asked.It might sound like a dumb question but i really wanted to hear it from him.He was forced to marry Ambiya but i don't want him to marry me under any kind of pressure.

"What kind of question is that? Ofcourse i do want to marry you..you don't have any idea how much i want to" He answered

My cheeks turned crimson red so i looked down and started playing with my fingers.

"Now i am asking you the same question.Do you want to marry me?" He asked

I looked at him and then smirked " Well you have a good height.You also aren't that much bad looking and i know you very well...So i think i can marry you"He chuckled at my answer and shook his head

"Back to old Hafsa..huh?" He said and i shrugged my shoulders

"So is it a yes?" He asked

"Yes" i said and smiled.

"Hah!!Finally!!" Hanna sighed

I smiled and then tears formed in my eyes, clouding my vision.

Hanna walked towards me and hugged me...

"Hey...There is no place for tears now..c'mon shoo them away or i am gonna tell Adeel that you cried for him.I am sure you don't want him to know that" Hanna whispered in my ear, making me chuckle...

"Evil sister!!" I said, wiping away my tears

I looked at Adeel whose eyes were swirling with emotions that now i could easily understand....The emotion of love and happiness....

"Habibti we have decided engagement one day before Ramadaan,that is day after tomorrow and marriage 10 days after Ramadaan...Are you Ok with that?" Mom chirped the moment we entered the guest room..

"Woah isn't that like too soon?" Hanna asked

"Nah.i think its ok" said Adeel making everyone look at him with an amusing smile on their lips

Atleast its not me who who embarrassed herself now...

"Jab ladka ladki raazi to kya karega qazi(if boy and girl agree then what can the priest do)" joked Azaan