TALK WITH FATHER

ADEEL:

"Mom please 2 more minutes"

"You are saying this from past 15 minutes Adeel...Now not anymore..go and speak to him"

"Let me prepare myself first''

"Wallahi if you would have prepared this much for your exams then you would have topped in the whole country"

"But its difficult...I..I am scared"

"If i would have known that my son is coward then i would have died of shame.."Mom said and kept pushing me to enter the study..

Ok only if you guys are wondering what is cooking between son and mother then let me tell you all that yesterday after returning from the park,i promised to Mom and myself as well that i will speak to Dad..But now i understand its not that easy...I can't just barge in his room and tell him that i can't marry Ambiya...It would be difficult to see his disappointed face..Now from past 15 minutes,i am standing outside the door of his study trying to bring up all the courage to talk to him but with each passing minute,it seems to be more and more difficult..Mom is trying to push me inside the room but i have got my legs glued to the floor and this is now hell irritating her or you can say angering her...

"Adeel go. Talk. To.him.now"Mom said stressing each and every word...

"Can't you come with me and help me.."i said with pleading eyes..

"I will be here only listening to the whole conversation and i promise that the moment i feel you need me,i will enter the room and support you" she said and i nodded..

"Ok"i held the door knob and took deep breath..Muttering 'bismillah' under my breath, i finally opened the door and entered the room...

Closing door from behind,i looked at Dad who was already looking smilingly at me...

"Assalamualikum Dad" I said

"Walaikumsalam son" Dad said and i walked to the chair opposite to his and seated myself..

"Adeel i wanted to thank you...You don't even realise how much you have done for me by agreeing to this marriage..I am lucky to have you as a son" Dad said..I shifted in my seat getting a bit uncomfortable..

It was already difficult for me but dad's words were adding to my misery..

"It..its al..alright Dad" i said..

'Wow..great start Adeel' i mentally thought..

I could easily imagine mom's frowned face behind the door...

"Oh By the way...how come you are here??Did you need anything?"Dad said..I looked at him and realised that its my only chance...I have to do it..

'Just do it Adeel...c'mon..you have to do it...'

"Yeah Dad...I actually wanted to talk to you.." i said..

"About what?"

"About marriage.."

"Oh you don't worry about that...I will handle everything on my own...you just enjoy your leftover days of bachelor life" Dad said and chuckled

"It..its not about that Dad..There is something else i want to talk about" i said

"And whats it about??"

'Now say it Adeel...you have reached this far..now say it...its your only chance..you will get Hafsa..you will be freed from this forced relationship...Do it Adeel' i mentally encouraged myself...I just have to say it but somehow the words got stuck in my throat and instead of words,tears spilled out of my eyes...