MEHENDI

Ten days fled so quickly with Sana and Ayaan's wedding and Mahra and Hammad's engagement.Yesss!! They both are engaged and will in sha allah marry in a year or so.And, now, today is my mehendi.Whole House is packed with guests.I am in my room with a cup of coffee, trying to enjoy the peaceful alone time which let me tell you is not that much peaceful due to the constant shrills of excited kids and shoutings of everyone.

There was a knock on the door.I adjusted my scarf on my head and got up to open it.

"Assalamualaikum Dad" i greeted as i saw Dad standing on the other side of the door.

"Walaikumsalam sweetheart.Can i come in?" He asked

"Ofcourse you can.You don't need to ask" I said and moved aside to let him in.

I closed the door and turned around to see Dad sitting on my bed.He patted the space next to him, indicating me to sit there.I walked to him and sat there.

"Masha allah You have grown up to be such a beautiful lady." He said, keeping his hand on my head

"Thank you Dad" I smiled

He looked down at the floor and i could see hundreds of emotions running through his eyes

"You know i have never been good with words but" he said and then looking at me, he continued "i want you to know that you have been the perfect daughter.I know everyone says noone is perfect but you are and i know there might be thousands of worries inside you right now but just throw them away because i know my daughter will be the perfect daughter-in-law and wife as well.You make me proud, not only you, even Hanna.You both are light of my eyes and you both have made me so proud."Dad said and by now i was in tears.

"Thank you so much Dad." I spoke in a whisper and hugged him

"I am gonna miss you" I said

"Me too habibti..Me too" he said, rubbing my back with his hand

"I just can't believe you are leaving tomorrow." He said and i hugged him more tightly.I didn't wanted to leave him as if i was afraid i will lose him.

"You are happy..right?" He asked

"Yes i am.."

"Alhamdulilah"

"Alhamdulilah"

"Hafsa you need---" Hanna trailed off as she saw Dad and me.

"Oh am i interrupting the moment?" She asked

"No we were done" Dad said

"Why are you just hugging Hafsa? I am also your daughter" She said making a pout and faking hurt.

Dada chuckled and opened his another arm for her.Hanna quickly walked towards us and hugged the Dad from other side.

"I love you both so much" He said

"We love you too" We said and kissed him on cheeks together

♡♡♡♡♡♡

"What is your husband's name?"The girl, Ammara, who was doing my mehendi asked

"Adeel" I blushed

"Ok.I am going to write the initial of his name here.Tell him to find it on your wedding night." She said and i blushed at the thought of our wedding night.

"Awww...Hafsa is blushing" Ifla, my cousin commented

"No i am not" i replied, trying to hide my blush.

"You don't need to hide it.Its normal to blush.I also used to blush whenever anyone talked about Amaar" Ilha, my another cousin and Ifla's sister said.