MISUNDERSTANDING

HAFSA'S POV:

I was in my room sitting on my bed,still unable to digest the words Adeel said before leaving...

'This project was boring and making it with you made it much more boring'

'I must say you are such a boring company'

"Ehh!!get out of my head Adeel" i said holding my head between my hands but  when my mind listens to me???Adeel's words were echoing in my mind....I felt like my head will burst...He didn't talked throughout the project but dropped a bomb before leaving,thus,giving me another sleepless night....

"Hey you still awake??" Hanna said peeking through the door...

"Yaa...i wasn't feeling sleepy" i said in a low tone...

She closed the door and sat beside me on my bed...

"Hafsa you okay??" She said in a concerned tone..

"Yaa...i am perfectly fine"i said and faked a smile...

"No need to show me this fake smile...I know you are not ok...I am your sister and i know your every mood ....Tell me whats wrong??Is anything bothering you??" She said and put her hand on my shoulder....

She was right...she is my sister and knows my every mood....Its very difficult for me to hide anything from her...so,i decided to give up and tell her everything...maybe i will feel light after sharing it with her

"Ummm...its about Adeel.." i said and sighed..

"I knew it...i knew it would be related to him only..." she said and gestured me to continue...and then i told her everything that how i told him that we both don't know each other and don't have any relation with each other and how he insulted me when i asked him for dinner....

"Hmmm...so this is the reason of your bad mood.." Hanna said

"Hmmm"

"Listen Hafsa...whatever happened,you can't blame Adeel only because at first place you were wrong...you should not have said all that...you were best friends..."

"Why are you favouring him...and how come i am wrong...and you are right...we were friends but now we are not anymore.."

"Listen dear...Friendship is a very beautiful relationship and it can't break so easily...Whatever you did,you did because you were hurt by whatever happened 2 years ago..but dragging ego in friendship is not a good option...Friendship and ego can never be together...where there is friendship,there can't be ego...I agree Hafsa that it was he who ended the friendship but don't ignore the fact that it was he only who was trying to rekindle this friendship again keeping his ego aside but your ego ruined his efforts....If he was trying then you should have also tried..." Hanna said...

"But Hanna...he didn't even apologize for what he did...If he wanted to be friend again then he should have been atleast sorry for breaking this friendship.."i said trying to control my tears but failing miserably....

"You are right...he should have...but its not necessary...Some people can't say sorry but if they are sorry and trying to correct their mistake then thats enough i think....and who knows maybe Adeel will apologize as well...but for now dear,its you who has to apologize..." Hanna said wiping my tears...

"Mee???for what??"i semi yelled..

"For hurting him by your words..."

"But---"

"No but's and if's...i said na 'no ego in friendship'...ok??" she said...I nodded my head and smiled,this time a genuine smile...

"Hmmm...good...now sleep its too late.."she said and kissed my forehead before she left my room....