Daddy?

**Below is what I imagine their "dorm suite" layout looking like, except there is no balcony - it's actually their front door/entrance!**

**Edited**

Poppy's POV

I heard a sharp intake of breath next to me and looked over at Corbin. He was still seated next to me, but he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else than here. His eyes had widened to that of saucers while his skin visibly paled within seconds. He looked like he was about to be sick while scrambling off the floor. He took as big of a step away from me as he possibly could. In his desperation to get away, he bumped into the bookcase to my right and caused a few of the ancient, dust-covered texts to clatter to the floor. The noise attracted more attention than we already had, causing me to completely clam up.

"S-sorry dude," Corbin stuttered while trying to clear his throat and pretend like he'd kept his cool - who he thought he was fooling, I wasn't sure. "I didn't know she was spoken for," his voice wavered as he finished his sentence. I scrunched my brows upwards in confusion at the way he was reacting to Knox. Sure he was a big dude, and quite scary when he was angry, but it's not like he'd ever hurt the guy...right? The whole "all talk no show" sort of deal that usually ended with a few glares and hurled insults.

Then again, Knox did have issues controlling his anger. I highly doubt that changed even a fraction.

"She is. Now leave," Knox gritted out through clenched teeth, sidestepping so that there was just enough room for Corbin's smaller frame to slide past him. Knox watched him with intense eyes as he went, only shifting his penetrating gaze to me when he was out of sight. I felt tears of anger and frustration well up in my eyes at how Knox was still treating me, though I would never let him have the satisfaction of seeing them fall - that I would save until I was behind closed doors.

He couldn't let me have even one friend without interfering. God, he's almost twenty-two years old now and he still can't just let whatever grudge or vendetta he has against me go. He was the sole reason for Kiara being my only friend all through elementary and middle school. Even after he left he still had some control over whom I hung out and made friends with; not that I ever understood how, I just knew he did.

"Dang it, Knox! Why can't you just let me have one friend without interfering?! You will never change, will you?" I hissed back as loudly as I could without disturbing anyone in the library. Knox stared at me for a few moments, probably taking notice of how worked up he'd made me and storing the mental image away to laugh over later. I swallowed the thick lump in my throat as he silently began backing me into the corner, his hands coming up to rest against the wall on either side of my face. The position allowed him to cage me in between his two huge arms while simultaneously tower over me.

The situation paired with the noticeable heat in his gaze scared me, but I would be a liar if I didn't say it also caused a roar of butterflies in the pit of my stomach.