Family

**PIC OF POPPY'S RING BELOW**

**Edited**

Poppy's POV

I stood frozen in place.

This couldn't be happening. My mom loved my dad with everything she had. Everything she was. My dad doesn't always show her affection the way she does him, but I knew deep down he loved her. I mean, how could he not? My mother was the sweetest woman I'd ever met. If he wasn't happy with her, why wouldn't he just file for a divorce? Why do this to her? And in her own home of all places!

My breathing shallowed and I slapped a hand over my mouth to prevent my scream from working its way out. The seconds ticked by as my grief for my mother was replaced by blood-boiling fury. All I could see was red. This must be what Knox felt during his fights because I couldn't imagine taming this feeling any way other than hitting something.

"What the fuck!" I screamed, throwing my purse onto the ground and stomping towards the two of them as they began scrambling apart, attempting to cover themselves.

"Poppy? What in God's name are you doing here?" My father questioned, completely caught off guard.

"What am I doing here? More like what the hell are you doing here screwing your fucking slut of a secretary while you're supposed to be at work!" I spat back, unable to lower my voice. I had no remorse calling his...companion such a name; I didn't care what - or who - someone did in their own free time, but where I draw the line is when someone goes after a taken individual knowing full well that they're married or in a relationship - that's when I lose all respect for someone.

"Don't you dare take that tone with me, Poppy!" he hissed, clearly trying to save face and avoid the accusation I'd made. A few months ago, I would've never even dared talk back to my father, let alone curse at him.

I guess some of Knox's attitude is rubbing off on me.

"I will use whatever tone I feel like using with a disgusting pig such as yourself! How could you do this to mom? She loves you! I can't believe I ever called you my father!" I screamed, my emotions getting the best of me. Suddenly, a stinging sensation overtook my entire right cheek, the pain intense and pulsing. I took a step back in shock as I cradled my face in the palm of my hand, realizing my own flesh and blood had just slapped me.

"Richard!" The scantily dressed woman hissed behind him. She seemed just as shocked as I was that he'd done such a thing.

"You're a terrible man and husband. I hope you rot in hell for the rest of your miserable life," I sneered, grabbing my things and turning on my heels to leave. "Oh, and if you think I won't be telling mom, then you're dumber than I ever thought," I growled over my shoulder, finalizing my statement by slamming the front door behind me as hard as I could.