Unexpected

**Edited**

Poppy's POV

I stirred from my light slumber, not feeling even the slightest bit refreshed after all that happened yesterday. I was starving from barely eating anything last night. Even though Knox and I went straight to bed after dinner - well, I did while Knox let me cuddle him as he answered emails on his phone - I was still exhausted. Actually, if I was being totally honest I felt like I'd been run over by a tank. I was incredibly thankful that one of my class friends agreed to take notes for me during lecture today so I wouldn't have to drag myself out of bed.

I think I'm coming down with something I thought to myself as I rolled over in bed and noted how achy my entire body felt. That paired with my inability to get a good nights sleep and increasing nausea that was starting to make an appearance pretty much confirmed my assumption. I must just be getting worse because this was roughly the same feeling I had while I was talking with my mom. I slowly sat up in bed and lightly rubbed my queasy stomach, trying to will the annoying feeling away. Stupid immune system.

I groaned loudly as the sensation became worse. Unfortunately, my sound of pain woke Knox up as he peeked a single eye open. The other eye soon followed before he propped himself up on the bed with his elbow and glanced at my alarm clock.

"What're you doing up so early, Flower?" he croaked out sleepily.

"I don't know, I just feel really sick. My stomach won't stop turning, I couldn't sleep all night, and my whole body just hurts all over. And now I'm getting a pounding headache," I whined. I knew I sounded like a five-year-old, but I couldn't help it; I was too tired to deal with how crappy I felt alone. Thank God he spent the night last night.

"It was probably just the food we ate for dinner. It didn't really sit well with my stomach either - though it was delicious, baby. I'll get you a glass of water," he mumbled reassuringly before kissing the top of my head and rolling out of bed. I could hear the soft padding of his footsteps as he made his way to my kitchen.

Just as I heard him filling a glass with water, my nausea Abruptly got a thousand times worse. I scrambled out of bed and sprinted towards the bathroom, praying I would make it to the toilet in time – otherwise I would be cleaning up my own mess, which sounded about as appealing as gouging my own eyes out.

I fell to my knees, thankfully landing right in front of the porcelain bowl as I lurched forward, my stomach ridding itself of all of its contents. After about a minute or so, there was nothing left and I was just dry heaving.

"Shit! Are you okay, Poppy?" Knox rushed out while quickly setting down the glass of water and squatting next to my hunched over form. I lifted my head to reply but quickly stuck my head back in as my stomach heaved once more. Without another word, Knox opened a cabinet drawer and pulled out my favorite scrunchy. He sloppily tied my hair back and out of my face. I rested my head on the arm that was currently hugging the toilet seat while blindly trying to flush my mess away. Thank God I'm the only one who's ever used this bathroom. I moved away from the toilet and leaned against Knox as he helped me stand back up.

"C'mon, Flower. You probably just got whatever pre-winter bug is going around right now," he said. I nodded weakly, allowing him to tuck me back into bed as my eyelids grew heavy.

"Can I get you anything? What do you need right now, baby?" he asked.

"Just you," I hummed hoarsely, wanting nothing more than to feel his big strong arms wrapped around my frail body. He chuckled quietly before quickly climbing into bed behind me. His hand came around to my stomach before fanning his fingers across my belly and gently massaging it.