The Morning After

**Edited**

Poppy's POV

I let out a deep sigh before attempting to open my eyes. Keyword: attempting. When I successfully pried them open, the bright sunshine invading the room through the wide-open window blinded me almost instantly. I snapped them shut as they watered from the assault. I peeked one open just the slightest, waiting for my eyes to adjust before finally cracking the other open, too. I blinked a few times to rid the blurriness of sleep from them. I turned my head so I could see over my shoulder and was met with the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen.

Knox looked like a million dollar piece of art when he slept. His facial features were significantly softer than normal. The harsh lines that usually marred his forehead from constantly scrunching his eyebrows together were gone and his casual scowl was nowhere to be found. His long, inky black eyelashes splayed across the skin just underneath his eyes, his eyelids twitching every so often as he dreamed. He released a deep sigh through his nose as the arm he had against my stomach clenched, pulling me just a tad closer to his body.

The subtle touch reminded me of the intimate position we were in while still naked. Knox's entire body was cocooned around my own just like he'd done the first night I allowed him to sleep with me. His arms were securely wrapped around me while his legs were intertwined with my own. I would definitely be sweating from the amount of heat his large body produced if I'd been wearing any clothing at all.

I shifted carefully, doing my best to not wake him as I inched away little by little. Even in his deep slumber, he wasn't having any of it. The second I grew a noticeable distance away, his strong hands sought me out and wrapped around my waist before shifting me back near his chiseled chest. His hand wandered up my stomach before cupping my bare breast and humming blissfully. I gasped quietly as the simple touch had my nipples hardening as my breasts grew heavy with need. I took another look at his face, astonished that he was still asleep.

This man and his wandering hands, I swear I thought to myself silently with a single shake of my head. Turning back so my face was towards the window, I tried to come up with an escape plan so I could get some food into my famished body. Someone must've been watching out for me because a few seconds later I heard a tired grunt come from Knox. I yelped softly when he pinched my nipple as the rumbling of his laughter vibrated against my back. I glanced back to see his mouth pulled into his signature cheeky smile.

"Good morning, Flower," he rasped out as if everything was perfectly normal. His voice was lower and gravlier from sleep, the sound sending a pang of desire straight to the apex of my thighs.

"Good morning, Mr. Handsy," I joked back while squirming against his hold.

He smiled at me and just like that my train of thought was gone. I started to study his face once again, never able to get enough of how handsome he was. His eyes were the most beautiful sparkling blue I'd ever seen, his high cheekbones had the ability to make any runway model green with envy, but my favorite overall were his plump, kissable lips. I reached my hand up and lightly trace them with my index finger, basking in their softness. His tongue darted out of his mouth to sensually lick my finger before playfully nipping at it. I sucked in a harsh breath before meeting his gaze once again, amazed to find that his eyes were hooded with desire.

How could he possibly want me again?

"If you keep touching me while giving me that look, I'm going to fuck you senseless and I know for a fact you're not ready for me to take you again," he growled out.

"Again?" I asked incredulously. Was he not sore like I was?

"No, baby. I said I was going to fuck you. Last night wasn't fucking, last night was us making love. There is a very, very big difference, my Flower," he hummed before sealing his words with a brisk peck to my lips. I grew hot all over just thinking of what fucking - in his crude words - would entail. I'd lead to incredible, mind-numbing pleasure I'm sure. He groaned deeply while staring at me with the same intensity he had last night.