Regrets

**Edited**

Poppy's POV

I happily munched on my cereal as I enjoyed the complete silence my apartment currently had to offer. Kiara didn't come home from her outing last night - as I predicted - so I had the place all to myself until she showed up.

I glanced down at my phone for the first time since I'd woken up. I brought the thing with me from where it was on my bedroom floor, but I had yet to muster up the courage to actually turn it on. I knew the second I did, I would be bombarded with missed calls and text messages. Not willing to give up my peace and solitude just yet, I made a promise to turn in on in five minutes - that would give me enough time to brace myself for what was coming.

Just as I finished my last spoonful of cereal, Kiara made her usual over dramatic entrance. So much for enjoying those full five minutes.

"Girl, what the fuck is going on! I was in the middle of finally getting laid by my man when Knox started blowing my phone up, demanding that I talk some sense into you. Spill!" She exclaimed. My initial reaction was to laugh at her misfortune since the last time she tried having sex with James I was the one who interrupted, but then what she said actually registered in my brain.

"He said what?!" I burst, outraged by the implications of his words. Talk some sense into me? He wanted Kiara to talk some sense into me. Who the heck did he think he was? And if anyone needing some freaking sense talked into them, it was him!

"All I know is that he's pissed as fuck at you. What did you do, Poppy? Wait no, that's not right at all. What did he do that he's now mad about the repercussions? Tell me what happened," she said, rubbing her temples dejectedly as if the situation at hand was stressing her, of all people, out. Well me too, sister.

"I didn't do anything! He lied to me even after I told him that I refused to be in a relationship with secrets. He knew what I expected of him, which isn't even something abnormal to expect, before he agreed. It's not in any way my fault that he thinks he's invincible to rules," I scoffed, shrugging my shoulders and going back to eating my breakfast.

"I can't deal with you two this early. Not before coffee," she muttered while throwing her hands up in the air. Shaking her head, she began walking off to her room, mumbling under her breath.

"Was it any good?" I yelled out, effectively changing the subject and catching her attention once again. I decided that it was time to face the music and held down the power button on my phone, watching the device boot up while I waited for her reply.

"I was so close, Poppy. So close. THIS CLOSE," she yelled while coming back into the kitchen, holding her thumb and forefinger up until they were almost touching, "to having an orgasm. But then my phone started going off and wouldn't stop. He's pretty big though, ya know," she said with a suggestive wiggle of her eyebrows before pointing towards her pelvic region. I giggled at her antics as she prepared her own breakfast and joined me at the table.

I was again reminded of how nice it was being able to let my guard down and completely be myself around at least one person in my life. It wasn't often that I found someone I was comfortable enough around to do just that, but Kiara had always been that person for me. My attention was torn from her when my phone started buzzing out of control with notifications. I blinked rapidly as I saw the extent of how hard Knox had tried getting ahold of me last night.

212 missed calls. 30 new voicemails. 140 text messages.

Kiara's shocked expression mirrored my own.