Punch and Make Up

**Edited**

Poppy's POV

I sighed deeply as I turned in my last test before the weekend. The last two weeks had been insanely stressful and I was just ready to go home and let my mind go blank for a little while. With going to class, doing assignments, working regularly for my mom's flower shop, and trying to balance my social life I was both physically and mentally exhausted. Not to mention trying to keep myself from calling Knox every ten minutes and begging him to come over. Being away from him has been absolute torture, but I know that this will help us in the long run. Him having a better understanding of himself and knowing that he's worthy is the only way he'll stop acting impulsively and help our relationship grow and mature.

Once back at Kiara and I's place, I threw all my stuff aside and started skimming my closet for something to wear for tomorrow night's formal. It was my sorority's first official one of the year and it was halloween themed despite the fact that it was only going to be October 20th. I huffed out a frustrated breath, at a complete loss on what the heck I was going to dress up as. I mentally berated myself, knowing I shouldn't have waited until the night before to figure out my costume. But, in my own defense, I just haven't had the mental capacity for something so menial and small in the grand scheme of my week.

My phone buzzed with a new text and I was praying it was a positive response to my search for a costume buddy; I didn't want to be the only person who showed up alone.

Mandy: I would love to do matching costumes, but my boyfriend and I are doing a couple's thing. :( Sorry girl! Have you asked Sammy?

Alexa, play Another One Bites the Dust I thought to myself while staring at the message. It seemed like every girl and their mother was taking their date/boyfriend to the dance. I was going to have to face the reality of being the only one to show up alone and that was going to suck big time.

You wouldn't have to if you would just called him my self-conscious scolded me, but I shook my head, ridding it of the thought. I wanted nothing more than to just put all this behind Knox and I and invite him like nothing ever happened, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I needed to house a least a modicum of independence in my body.

I sighed and glanced at the calendar. It'd been exactly three weeks since we started our "break", but only two weeks since we last saw each other. It took me a solid hour and a half to explain to Knox that when you take a break from a relationship it means you have as little contact with the each other as possible, thus meaning you can't hang out together. And especially since I didn't want to distract him from the whole point of this separation.

Despite my efforts in making him see my point of view, he still came over a week after our fight. He claimed it was just because he wanted to make sure I was eating well throughout the day and not skipping meals like I had a tendency to do when I was busy. Because the gesture was incredibly sweet, and I'm a huge sucker for when he takes cares of me, I let him stay instead of doing the thing any logical person would've done and kicked him out.

We'd settled down to watch a movie, but he wasn't able to keep his hands to himself - like always. I'll admit that it was a very weak moment of mine, but Knox is so good at sweet-talking me. One thing led to another and we ended up having sex and fooling around in the bedroom. For three hours. It was only after I had finally redressed that he actually was able to comprehend what I was saying and left - none too happily might I add. I haven't heard anything from him since and I couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing. Kiara keeps me updated on how he is, but I'm pretty sure she's been sugarcoating things so I don't feel so terribly guilty about my decision.