Chapter 3

Preston's POV

Vikk and I run up to the school. Our school isn't the biggest in the world, but it sure isn't the smallest. In high school, the principal thought it would be a very smart idea to combine The Colours and other people together in every class. This just causes bullying that could have been prevented. She probably thought this would make the two groups work together and forget their differences, but that sure didn't happen.

Vikk grabs my hand and drags me into the school. Confused, I follow him and he pulls me down the hallway. Not many people are here, but there are a few at their lockers. Everything seems much different. I almost forgot it was Valentine's Day today. There are red hearts, black and white paper candies, and fancy ribbons on the walls. The lockers are the strange colour and so are a few other items. I shake my head and continue with him.

He pushes me into the restroom and I stop in my tracks. What are we doing in here? Vikk slams the door shut and I start to feel nervous. He steps up to me and sighs.

"Are you okay? Is everything alright?" he questions. He pushes some stray hairs away from his eyes. I hesitate. What do I do? Can I tell Vikk this early on or do I keep it to myself until I know for sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me?

"I'm fine, don't worry so much!" I laugh. "My eyes are just playing tricks on me. I thought I saw some type of bird inside that light. Crazy, right?"

"Yeah, I guess. Sorry I freaked out on you and put you in here," Vikk says, asking for forgiveness.

"It's fine. If I saw one of my friends staring at a light, I'd freak out on them too," I state. He laughs at my statement.

"Lets get out of here and try to find The Crew," I reply. He nods and we make our way out of the bathroom.

I turn my head to the left and see Brandon and Kara talking at her locker. I smile to myself and make my way to them. He spots me and calls me over. I look back at Vikk and he is staring at his phone. I sigh and haul him over to Brandon.

"How's it going, guys?" he asks.

"Pretty good, I'm just surprised to see you here this early," Vikk replies. I nod.

"Well, I wanted to give my lovely a Valentine's Day gift," he states while giving Kara a kiss. Me and Vikk awwww at them.

Kara has a heart-shaped box and a rose. My heart stops suddenly. There the colour is again. Is that what they really look like? I just want to hold the rose and observe it up close. It looks magnificent. How can our eyes not see these wonderful creations that mother nature left for us?

"Hey, Preston, you okay there buddy?" Brandon states, but it is all muffled. I shake my head and everything comes back.

"Yeah, my eyes just keep playing tricks on me. I don't know what's going on with me today," I sigh. Everyone nods.

"Well, I got to meet up with Kenny in a bit," he tells Kara. He pecks her on the cheek and she does the same. I awww again.

"I want to come!" Vikk yells. I chuckle at him.

"Fine, you guys can come as well," he gives in.

We walk over to the lunchroom and sit down, waiting for Kenny to come. Brandon had told him to meet him in the west side of the cafeteria. The west side is the designated area for The Colours and the east side was for the normals. Normals aren't supposed to be over by west side, but I don't think anyone will mind me or Kenny over here.

I look out and try to spot the Kenworth, but all I see are the stupid jocks talking to the girls that try to get fucked every other day. They always wear crop-tops and way-too-short shorts. They are the only ones that bug me the most, so I just keep those opinions to myself. The guys don't mind their weird ways. Everyone is basically in love with them, but I don't know why.

I sigh to myself and shake my head to get some hair out of my face. My eyes catch Vikk's and he automatically looks down at his hands, as if he knows something is completely wrong. I know that he should notice a change in my mood, but I didn't know he would catch it so quick.

"Hey Kenny!" Brandon yells, making me jump. I look over to my right and see Kenny sprinting past everyone. I smirk to myself and wait for it.

Kenny jumps on Brandon and gives him a gigantic bear hug. I laugh and wait for Brandon to slip away some how. In the corner of my eye, I spot someone giving them a dirty look. I make eye contact with them and they quickly avert their eyes. There's something about me that makes everyone scared. I find it hilarious.

"My god, Kenny, I just talked to you last night!" he exclaims, pushing Kenny off of himself.

"I got to get my daily dose of hugs in today," Kenny states as it its obvious. I roll my eyes and lean my arms on a lunch table.

"Well, I called you here because of reasons we can't say in front of them," Brandon points at me and Vikk.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because it is a surprise, duh," Kenny replies sarcastically. "Just pin point the things together, gentlemen."

Kenny snatches Brandon away from us and walks to the other end of the room. I sigh and poke at Vikk, earning his attention.

"Welp, they just abandoned us. Want to head to class?" I question. He nods and we push in our chairs. We then start to walk toward the hallway.

After a minute of silence, Vikk says, "I know what's going on. You can't fool me."

My stomach flips. "Um, what do you mean?"

Vikk stops in his tracks and looks at me. "You really want me to spell it out for you?"

"I mean-I would like you to tell me if that's what your asking," I state. He sighs at me.

"Look around us. What is the one thing that sticks out to you?" he questions me. I gulp.

Well, the real answer is the colour red. What can I even say in this situation? 'Oh, just the fact that I can suddenly see colour after remembering the first time I met you, no big deal or anything.'

I guess I didn't answer for a while, so Vikk just exhales impatiently. "See, you just don't want to say it."

He shakes his head a slight bit and smiles at me. His hair in his face, he holds my arm. I raise an eyebrow at what he is doing, but he ignores me completely.

"It's obviously the decorations for Valentine's Day! You are in love on this wonderful day but don't know how to ask them. I mean, look at you! You are wearing some nice cologne, wearing a red shirt for Valentine's Day, and you did your hair perfectly!"

My eyes widen at the sudden statement, but release a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. Okay, thanks goodness that he doesn't actually know. If he did, I would totally be dead right now. Or be dragged back into the bathroom. Or both.

"Erm, um, yeah! I can never hide anything from you," I lie. He smiles at me.

"Now, who is that lucky person?" He questions me. I think for a second and remember the one person who I could use.

"Lachlan."