0.3

"You must be Alexis?"

I nod

"I'm Luke. Come in. I'll show you to your room."

I nod and follow him inside. We walk upstairs and he leads me down the hall. We stop in front of an open door.

"This is it. And that's my room." He says, pointing to the door across from mine.

I nod.

"Do you speak?" He asks sarcastically.

I nod before catching myself. "I mean yes. Yes I do speak. And thanks for this."

"Yeah whatever. But remember, it's not finalized yet. Okay well I'm tired. Goodnight."

"Goodnight..." And with that, we both walk into our rooms and close the doors behind us. I quickly take out my phone to text Dylan.

To Dyl:
Hey Dylan. Just wanted to let you know that I got here safely and everything's good so far. I love you!

He texts back almost immediately.

From Dyl:
Okay Alexis. I love you too talk to you later. Stay safe!

I close my phone and flop onto my bed which already had sheets and blankets on it. I curl up and go to sleep.

---
I wake up to a knock at my door.

"Yeah?" I respond groggily. Luke opens the door and comes in.

"Wake up. We have to talk."

"Okay." I respond as I swing my legs over the side of the bed and follow him out of the room. We walk into the kitchen and right when I sit down I get a text.

From Ash:
Hey Lex! Just checking in. I heard you're in my town now? Sweet! We can spend more time together.

To Ash:
I know. I'm looking forward to it.

From Ash:
Okay well I'll have to talk to you later. I'm getting ready to go to my friend's house.

To Ash:
Okay. Byeee!

From Ash:
Bye Lex!

"Okay. Alexis."

"Yep. That's me." I say with a smile.

"Okay," he starts, dragging out the word. "We have to talk about you staying here."

"Yep."

"Okay well 1st, if you are going to stay here, you have to chip in with everything."

"Yep I know."

"Also, how old are you?"

"I'm 18, as of today." I say confidently.

"Okay good. And do you still attend school?"

"Nope. I basically dropped out... We only have a couple months left and I already have the designated amount of credits to graduate so I'm good."

"Okay. Oh and I have to let you know that when my friends come over, they're really loud."

"Okay that's fine."

We go through some more things when there's a knock at the door.

"I'll be right back." Luke gets up to get the door, leaving me in the kitchen. All of a sudden I hear Luke and who I'm assuming is his friend talking.

"Dude. I think I found my roommate."

"Really? What's he like?"

"Oh, well, it's a girl."