0.9

I wake up abruptly to my phone ringing. I go to grab it but I'm tangled in Luke's arms. I gently unlace myself from him and grab my phone. It's an unknown number. I answer.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hi! This is Alexis, correct?"

"Can I ask who's calling?"

"This is Michael Morgan."

I remember that name.
It takes me a second.
But I remember it...

"What do you want?"

"Nice to talk to you too."

"Cut the crap."

"Alexis, I just wanted to check in."

"Funny considering you haven't called to "check in" for three years!" I almost yell, but realizing Luke is in bed, I pull on a hoodie, shorts, and go to walk out of his room, but wince at the strong pain coming from between my legs.

"I'm sorry. I've been busy okay?"

"Busy for three years straight? You see, I have kind of a hard time believing that..."

"Calm down. I just wanted to talk to my baby girl okay?"

"Don't fucking call me that."

"Okay, okay I'm sorry. Anyways..." He pauses and sighs "How have you been?"

"Oh just peachy. How bout you?" I say, stepping outside on the porch.

"Good. How's Dylan?"

"Fine."

"Things at home?"

"I'm not "at home" anymore da-Michael."

"Really? What happened?"

"Mom kicked-" I cut myself off, rethinking my response. "I moved out."

"Oh really. Any boyfriends I should be worried about?"

"There's nothing you should be worried about."

"Okay..." He sighs. "Alexis, I really did call about something..."

"Here it comes."

"Me and your mother are getting back together."

I don't respond. Just hang up. Tears start falling.

Back together?

Well I mean...

What should I care?

I don't.

Because nobody else seems to.

I sneak back into the house and into my room.

My box.

***trigger***

I pull out the small metal blade that I'm surprised nobody hid, and throw off my hoodie, replacing it with just a plain tank top.

I slowly run the cold metal against my skin and watch blood drip onto the wood floor.

After a few minutes, I burst into tears. I hear movement in the other room. No more than a second later, the door swings open revealing a shirtless Luke with his boxers on and a pair of low lying sweat pants.

"B...Babe..." He says as his expression turns into worry.

I don't realize there's still blood dripping from my arm until Luke runs to the bathroom and comes back with a towel, holding it against my arm.

He then moves my hand so it's holding the towel and picks me up bridal style, cradling me against his chest as he walks to the bathroom.

"Let's clean you up. Okay?"

I give a light nod but don't stop crying.

He dampens another towel and gently cleans my arm. After a while, I do stop crying.

"Babe... Do you want to talk about what happened?"

I shake my head no.

He gives me a light nod and shifts uncomfortably.

I place my hand gently on his cheek.

"Babe it's-"

"No." He starts, "It's not okay. Not this. Not this time. And I hate that you keep your feelings bottled up like this." He's trying to hold back tears, I can tell.

"Okay Luke... I understand what you mean."

He nods and surprisingly picks me back up from the counter and walks me back into his room. After he sets me on his bed, I realize something.

I hop up out of bed and pull my tank top over my head.

"Um... Alexis..." He clears his throat and shifts on his bed. "Now?"

I laugh.

"Luke my clothes are covered in blood."

He shrugs his shoulders. "Way to get a guy excited... But fair enough."

I pull my shorts down and slide back under the blankets next to Luke. I snuggle my back against his chest.

After a few minutes, I feel the growing bulge in his pants and it's then that I'm wearing nothing.

"Oh... Sorry Luke..." I whisper and attempt to get up but he doesn't let me.

"It's okay. Just, please don't leave."

"I wasn't planning on it babe." He loosens his grip on me and I get up and slide on the previous shirt(of his) that I was wearing. When I slip back into bed, Luke picks me up and puts me of his lap so I'm straddling him.

"Luke..."

"Sh... Please..." He gently presses his lips against mine and I run my hands through his hair and tug lightly, causing him to let out a low moan against my lips.

After a few minutes, I have to pull away.

"Luke... I... I really want to, believe me but, I'm like, really tired right now and I'm just not up to it..."

"It's fine babe. I understand." He kisses my lips again before I hop off his lap. "Now if you'll excuse me for a second..." He says, getting up and waddling out of the room.

He comes in a few minutes later and snuggles into me.

"Goodnight Lexis..."

"Goodnight Luke."

We snuggle closer together.

A couple minutes later, he probably thinks I'm sleeping because he speaks again.

"I love you Alexis."

I smile again.

I love you too.

I was hoping to say it out loud but it didn't happen that way.

And I don't know when it will...

---
Quick and short chapter that got some drama started.

Tell me what you think.

-Mickey

Word count: 911