Chapter 3: DeadLock

I slowly turned towards him, meeting his painful look as he looked down at his cuffed hands. I could tell by his body language, that he was really uncomfortable.

"You going to spill your beans or what?" I finally spoke up, he was being too quiet at the moment.

He just shook his head. "Beans? Really?"

"Don't push your luck." I fired back and he just glared at me before letting out a soft breath.

"I don't have a name but I kinda saw the person's face." He said looking towards the camera.

"And?"

"It's a man.."

"And?"

Chip just narrowed his eyes at me. "Well, you just shut up for a minute?" He fired back.

I raised my hands in surrender.

"Before they put the gas mask on, I saw their eyes and some hair color. I know that doesn't help a lot, but just listen."

"Their eyes are blue, not just your normal blue, it's like I have no soul blue."

Was there even a blue like that?

"And his hair-his hair was blond-wait, no, it was-brown?" Chip said, looking down at his hands as he tried to remember it.

"I think it was-"

Chip didn't a chance to finish his sentence because the light that kept the room light up went out. I quickly looked around trying to figure out why it went out. "Agent Wolfe? If this is one of your pranks, this isn't funny!" I yelled, spinning around. No one answered. This couldn't be good.

"Skyler?" Chip's voice came through and I turned towards where his voice was coming from. He was handcuffed to the table, so there was no way for him to get free, right?

Reaching my hand out, I tried to find the doorknob, but it felt like it was gone. What the heck was going on? That was when a loud pitched noise filled the room, making me cover my ears. Someone's voice breaking through. "Skyler, this is officer Lu, a friend of Agent Wolfe. Whoever is after our friend, they just hacked the building. Everything it out, I repeat, everything it out." His voice said and I just gaped. Oh heck no.

"Sir, I can't stay in here with him!" I yelled.

No one answered back.

Man, horror movie right here, I'm telling you.

"Chip?" I called out.

I heard some curse words and something let out a bang as it hit the ground. "I'm so dead!" Chip yelled and I quickly know he was trying to break free from the cuffs keeping him to the table.

"Chip, you need to calm down." I said, spinning around in circles. Where the heck was he?

It went quiet, and once again, the piercing noise of the speakers made my ears ring. "Agent Wolfe? Officer Lu?" I called out. But in return, I got a sweet chuckle.

"Aw, I got a girl? Two in one day.." The voice said making the hair on my arms stand up.

"Chip, why don't you tell me who your friend is?" The voice said and I closed my eyes and Chip cursed at the person.

They just laughed. "Wow, they were right. You're going to be one handful, but that just means more money.." They said as they started to talk to themselves.

"Who are you!?" I yelled

They let out yet another sweet chuckle. "Why, sweetie, you can call me DeadLock."

"Skyler, you need to go!" Chip yelled.

The person just sighed. "Aw, don't run, I'm already tired and would like this to go easy."

"Skyler!" Chip yelled.

"I hate to use this, but..."

The next thing I heard was Chip's cry of pain and I quickly followed where it was coming from. I bumped into the table, and when I squinted my eyes, I saw Chip on his knees, gasping for breath.

I went to move towards him when I heard what sounded like a door being opened. Slowly turned my head towards the way I thought the door was. My heartbeat started to pick up speed and I stood by Chip as he struggled to regain himself together. That was when I felt hot breath on my neck and I froze.

"It's a shame we didn't meet in better terms." They whispered in my ear.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to keep my body from breaking down into shaking.

"Sweet dreams." They said and before I could figure out what they met, something hard slammed against my head and I let out a yelp before I fell, my body hitting the floor with a thump, my body going unconscious.

****

"Skyler?" Someone called out to me, and I moaned, turning my head to the side.

"She's moving her head!" Someone yelled and I slowly started to pull myself back into the real world.

Opening my eyes, I had to quickly close them when a bright light shined down, nearly blinding me.

"Skyler? Move a finger if you can hear me." I quickly know it as Agent Wolfe's voice. Slowly opening my eyes, I was met with 8 other per of eyes that circled me, one of them Luke's. I grounded when my head started to hurt, and I moved my hand to touch my head, feeling a slight bump.

"What-what happened?" I asked as I slowly sat up, looking around. When I meet eyes with Agent Wolfe, I saw he had a slight cut on his forehead.

"Are you okay, Skyler?" He asked and I slowly nodded, keeping my hand on that part of my head.

"Do you remember what happened?" Luke asked, placing a hand on my leg.

"Kinda, I remember someone's voice and Chip-where is Chip?" I asked, looking at Agent Wolfe who lowered his gaze. Everyone went quiet.

"Where is Chip?" I asked once again, locking eyes with Agent Wolfe.

"They took him." He said, but he didn't need to answer because I know who he was talking about when he said they.

I looked around the room to notice that a few things were broken. A few officers having dried blood on their clothes. I looked back at Agent Wolfe, my mouth opening, but nothing coming out.

"Do you know their name?" Agent Wolfe said, resting a hand on the table.

I looked at the wall, hearing the man's voice in my head.

"He called himself DeadLock."