Chapter 34: The last dance

Deadlock's POV

Deadlock sat in the driver's seat of his 2009 black mutagen, his eyes focused one room as the hotel clean lady approached it. Donavan licked his lips as he held a picture in his hand. The hotel lady approached the room, not knowing of what horror that awaited for her as she lightly pressed the key in, before opening the door and pushing the cleaning supplies cart in.

Donavan waited, his eyes not leaving the red door, waiting for the lady to scream or do something, but everything was dead, much like what was in the room. But as he was about to look away, he noticed the cleaning cart being knocked over as the hotel cleaning lady jumped over it, screaming into the night sky.

A grin light went across his lips as he felt something different form in his heart. Something that he hadn't felt in many years. Justice. Looking down, he looked at the picture that he held, two faces smiling like angles as he hugged them both, the gun that he had used resting right behind it, killing the beast that thought he would never find out, by simply sending him for a chase.

It wasn't long before police arrived at the hotel, officers jumping out as they ran towards the room, stepping over the cart and entering the room to see what nightmare Donavan Day had left for them. All it took was one bullet, one right to the heart, the same death as his wife had taken, killing the monster, not even allowing him to take one last breath before his life ended before him.

Tears seemed to almost form in this eyes as he watched, the red and blue flashes of light not focused on him for once in his life. It was almost of peace for Donavan. As he watched the scene unfold before him. He noticed a officer step out of the room, seeing almost shaken as he pulled out a phone, pushing something things before placing the phone to his ear, Deadlock unable to make out what he was saying before the officer ended the call.

Just to make sure the noise had spread, Deadlock had reached over and turned on the radio, leaning back as he listened to the radio.

We are sorry to interrupt this broadcast at this time but the hunt for Ryan Hill, wanted for human trafficking and kidnapping has come to any end. His body found dead in a hotel with a single bullet wound to the heart. Police are asking anyone if they know of the sighing of letters DD of anyone that may of been in the room with Ryan Hill at the time of his death. Once again, the hunt for Ryan Hill has come to an end. Thank you for listening.

With that, the broad cast ended, the beeps taking placed before the music turned on again, Deadlock only watching as more police arrived. He left his initials for a reason, that it was a sign to the officers of something, he just didn't know what the sigh meant. Letting out a easy breath, he started the car, the engine firing to life as it started up. He slowly pulled out of the hotel parking lot that was almost nearly full with cope cars and one ambulance. As he got further away, something forming across his lips, that something that had never seen by anyone ever since he was pulled out of his burning house, being accused of killing his beloved wife and doing something with his child, leaving his name on the most wanted list.

He brought one hand off the wheel to wipe his eyes, the joy of justice so strung, that he knew for sure was something that no one in the world like him would feel after what he had just done. But as Donavan continued on down the road, his phone light up, his eyes glancing over to see who the number belong to, his smile disappearing as he hit the accept button, waiting for his boss's voice to speak.

"Deadlock." She addressed him, her voice cold and hard.

"Ma'ma." He replayed.

"Is there something you wish to tell me? Like of someone's death perhaps?" Her voice filling with anger at each word spoken.